What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

King-Gutho94

Coach
The "experts" have talked him up as a potential 5/8 or utility off the bench.

The last time he played, they kept throwing the ball to him for those super kicks and not once did it threaten Queensland.
The last time i saw Burton play for NSW i was still drunk around 6:30am in the morning in a Miami hotel room and all i remember about his performance was him head butting Dane Gagai's fist.

King-Gutho94

Coach
With Munster likely out i assume Dearden will come straight in.

I don't think QLD lose too much there Dearden was probably playing better then Munster anyway.

Billy has won an origin with Dearden at 5/8.

I think NSW still need a miracle & madge must nail his 1st side correctly and stick with it.

Have to win in Sydney & Melbourne.

Hooker spot will be interesting for NSW does madge go with McInnes or Koroisau who he coached at Souths back in 2015 as backups to Issac Luke.

Reece Robson is the incumbent may be a victim of a change in regime.

Incorrect

Coach
With Munster likely out i assume Dearden will come straight in.

I don't think QLD lose too much there Dearden was probably playing better then Munster anyway.

Billy has won an origin with Dearden at 5/8.

I think NSW still need a miracle & madge must nail his 1st side correctly and stick with it.

Have to win in Sydney & Melbourne.

Hooker spot will be interesting for NSW does madge go with McInnes or Koroisau who he coached at Souths back in 2015 as backups to Issac Luke.

Reece Robson is the incumbent may be a victim of a change in regime.
As much as I find it hard to get enthused about Origin, my 2 cents would be start McInness at hooker then shift him to 13 and bring Api off the bench for some creativity....

Or pick Lussick and watch him stink it up for another team.... Who cares....

strider

Post Whore
As much as I find it hard to get enthused about Origin, my 2 cents would be start McInness at hooker then shift him to 13 and bring Api off the bench for some creativity....

Or pick Lussick and watch him stink it up for another team.... Who cares....
yep this ...... well the first bit about mcinnis & api

though the 2nd bit would at least get the merkin away from us for a week

TheParraboy

Staff member
Very good chance we be without Moses for the sharks and titans games (before origin 1 and 3). We have the bye before Origin 2. Then there is backing up after Origin 1 and 2 where we have the dogs and knights (both away) Origin 3 we have the bye after

Possibly be without Hopgood also?

All winnable games, but goes without saying all quite losable as well the way were travelling

Gherkin

Juniors
Moses will not be picked in Origin 1. I think they'll go Hynes at 7 and Luai at 6. Api and McInnes at 9/14 but Brailey and Connor Watson would also be under consideration.
Rest of the backline probably looks something like
1. Edwards/Teddy
2. To'o
3. Best
4. Chrichton
5. Suaalii

emjaycee

Coach
Moses will not be picked in Origin 1. I think they'll go Hynes at 7 and Luai at 6. Api and McInnes at 9/14 but Brailey and Connor Watson would also be under consideration.
Rest of the backline probably looks something like
1. Edwards/Teddy
2. To'o
3. Best
4. Chrichton
5. Suaalii
No Lomax in 5?

hindy111

Post Whore
Luai and Martin are in terrible form. The manky 2nd rower I don't think has origin toughness.
I reckon Hazelton would go well at origin.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Suaalii going to rugby in 6 months wont help his chances.
Didnt stop QLD picking Folau after he said he was going to GWS.

I dont think Suaalii has done enough anyway.

But Origin is all about the here and now. If he is going to help us win this year then pick him.

But i think there is better options anyway.

the phantom menace

First Grade
We haven't earnt any Origin selections on form this season.

Moses unlucky due to timing and injury recovery, so he might be a chance of selection for game 2 (if NSW lose the first).