What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Professor show is shit.

Typical media mentality, find something that was a success in very small doses and overexpose it to death. Would love to find the bloke who thought Brett Finch had a sense of humour and needed to be included.

Finding myself watching this channel less and less outside of games. Very little of substance and just a bunch of generic talking heads offering the same opinions or uninformed opinions. If I wanted that I'd watch ESPN.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I was hoping for more classic games, repeated shows are expected but mix it up a bit.
The classic games on Thursdays & Fridays around lunch time have been good. You can just IQ them & watch them on other nights instead of shows.

FlameThrower

Bench
Yvonne was better on Ch9. At least she was 'live' at the games, hosting pregame and half time. She seemed to have a better rapport with the Ch9 guys??Now she is stuck in some boring generic studio ...Bad move by her and her profile would be much lower on Fox versus Ch9.

What's The Buzz?
Any hour of nonsensical stream of unconsciousness hosted by Phil Rothfield from a variety of Sydney pub troughs.

Who's The Boss?

A NRL show hosted by NRL "FANS" who are AFL ambassadors like Squires, Craddock and Massoud. Telling it straight.

A Fistful of Greenburgs
A serious weekly show on discussion about player movements, swaps and contracts. For a lighter moment, Nick Politis rubber stamps the deal after Russell Crowe gives the thumbs up or down.

Daze of Our Lives
Weekly panel discussion show about HIA stats, diagnosis and rorts. Who is in, who is out. Plenty of nonsense and jibber jabber. Special guest panellists include Mario Fenech and Ian Roberts.

LOL@SOUFFS
A weekly comedy about an uneducated, destitue Redfern family given a second chance in life and the comedic hijinks it entails. Stars Bryan Fletcher.

Cheers
The behind the scenes real life experiences of footy team cheergirls.

How The West Was Won : The Perth Pirates Show

images (18).jpg

Vee

First Grade
Losing interest in NRL 360 and Sterlo on the couch.

Unlike most here, I liked Paul Kent when it started, he asked a lot more hard questions and didn't do puff pieces. But as the show's popularity and his profile have grown, it's gone to his head a bit and he now comes across as a know all. Their choice of guests is poor, Ennis didn't deserve a soapbox to justify his antics, Elias - please, Woods meh, and as for giving time to that drunken opinionated self-appointed AFL-loving, soccer-sucking NRL death-riding fool, it just speaks to the incestuous relationship between the various media and our inept leadership. Still like the banter and insights of the Origin coaches.

Sterlo has a different problem, weighed down with Anus, boring Corey, Blocker dribbling and the "I'm the story" Hooper. The one-on-ones are still better than just about anything else on the channel.

Both shows have gone the way of NRL On Fox that started out great until their egos grew out of control and they became the show instead of the footy.

The other shows are just too painful to watch.

Hell, they could engage the fans with Tuesday Choose-day and give everyone a night off.

Better yet, why not a national mid week cup for all teams who want to put in a team. Even do rep regions like Hunter, Illawarra-South Coast, Western Division, Vic, NT, WA, SA, QLD regions and PNG and or Pacifica.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Professor show is utter crap. I saw the episode with the pitch forks re city country......my god. Who thought or produced that?
And who on this earth at Fox decided Chris Page was funny for TV. Take the tip - he aint.

Agree with Flamethrower - Yvonne is wasted at Fox. She got the coin, so thats a plus, but overall her profile is reduced on Fox

Latest posts