What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Stallion

First Grade
Now that they've finished for the season, what do people think of Fox's new shows for this season, including League Life and the Professor's Second Year Syndrome? (and Queenslanders Only, I guess) I didn't see much of LL, but I felt that Second Year Syndrome got better over the season, better to go up than down.

Wonder if the AFL fox chanel is finishing? It's remarkable that no effort has been made by Fox league to cover the World cup? Most people that would not closely support rugby league would question this lack of coverage?

El Diablo

Post Whore
do you ever stop posting about AFL?

the RLWC will be shown on 7 which is better than being stuck on Fox. 7 are also showing the womens RLWC

Stallion

First Grade

the RLWC will be shown on 7 which is better than being stuck on Fox. 7 are also showing the womens RLWC

I dont like the code at all. In fact I think it should be referred to as a "training run"! But they are attacking rugby league's junior playing ranks and neutral fan support. The myth of the AFL is damaging the regard and standing of the NRL. So far its rugby league on the downhill slide and many on this site wont recognise this threat. If we keep ignoring it and dont act smartly then the decline in rugby league will continue. Granted rugby league is a far better sport but the PR people of the AFL are very good and very determined to grab this market that is being neglected and in many ways by rugby league administrators.

Stallion

First Grade

Not sure if Fox League know but rugby league doesnt stop with the NRL. If the 'training run' is still being covered on its dedicated chanel and rugby league isn't then I think its a fair issue to bring up, especially with a world cup about. I welcome the channel 7 coverage and all strength to them. I just dont think RL is being treated equally by Fox if what Im suggesting is occuring.

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Why wasn't the QLD Cup GF shown live yesterday? Also the mens and womens international from Port Moresby. They show rubbish union games from overseas why can't they show league games people are keen to watch.
I'm sick of re-runs of Matty Johns and the Professor.
To me it looks as though league is dumbed down whilst the AFL has many serious discussion shows.

Stallion

First Grade
Why wasn't the QLD Cup GF shown live yesterday? Also the mens and womens international from Port Moresby. They show rubbish union games from overseas why can't they show league games people are keen to watch.
I'm sick of re-runs of Matty Johns and the Professor.
To me it looks as though league is dumbed down whilst the AFL has many serious discussion shows.

Completely agree! Its wrong what is going on. The Fox league coverage is woefully inadequate.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its disappointing we didnt see QLD Cup but that has more to do with Ch 9. They should've shown the game live down here on Ch 9 or at least Gem or Go.

As for the PNG game, that has never been shown live here but whats interesting is that they were able to show the Fiji/Samoa game last year.

Stallion

First Grade
Its disappointing we didnt see QLD Cup but that has more to do with Ch 9. They should've shown the game live down here on Ch 9 or at least Gem or Go.

As for the PNG game, that has never been shown live here but whats interesting is that they were able to show the Fiji/Samoa game last year.
Yes. Forgot about the 'minor' channels! Good point. These games should be shown. We have some codes getting FTA and fox coverage with maybe 100 people at the game? (Many of which r union games)
And we get no coverage of a PNG v Prime minister's 13 game with a packed house?

Last Week

Bench
Wonder if the AFL fox chanel is finishing? It's remarkable that no effort has been made by Fox league to cover the World cup? Most people that would not closely support rugby league would question this lack of coverage?

The RLIF and Fox did enter discussions about them simulcasting the World Cup but couldn't come to an agreement.

I.e, Fox didn't want to pay up or 7 has exclusive broadcast rights.

Stallion

First Grade
The RLIF and Fox did enter discussions about them simulcasting the World Cup but couldn't come to an agreement.

I.e, Fox didn't want to pay up or 7 has exclusive broadcast rights.

Answered half the problem. The underlying issue is whether Fox league is happening during the offseason and if Fox AFL is being shown in the off season?

Stallion

First Grade
who gives a f**k what they show in the off season?

Hate to labour the point but I think the AFL would give a F"$k!

Once again I cannot stand the 'training run' but it has got its Public Relations /Publicity strategy way above that of the NRLs.

Vee

First Grade
Now that they've finished for the season, what do people think of Fox's new shows for this season, including League Life and the Professor's Second Year Syndrome? (and Queenslanders Only, I guess) I didn't see much of LL, but I felt that Second Year Syndrome got better over the season, better to go up than down.
Saw enough on the promos to not watch LL and SYS. Actually gave LL a 5 m minute chance one night and it was every bit as bad as I expected. Hardly watched QO, but anyone it upset was looking to be outraged.

Stallion

First Grade
no merkin will be watching

Fox league is happening. It will show repeats throughout the off season. I complained about the lack of a designated show for the world cup. The employee noted this, apologised and will email it to programming. Small comfort but something I spose.

AJB1102

First Grade
Fox league is happening. It will show repeats throughout the off season. I complained about the lack of a designated show for the world cup. The employee noted this, apologised and will email it to programming. Small comfort but something I spose.

Talking to Foxtel is a f**king punishment, they have to have seriously overcharged me for me to be bothered picking up the phone. You must hate yourself if you called to lay a complaint no one will listen to.

Stallion

First Grade
Last time I looked fox wasn't a public broadcaster.

They'll show what is cheapest.

Free publicity for crap sports! Doing favours for undeserving sports. Is that what Fox sports is about? It certainly doesnt cover rugby league games fans want to see. (PNG v PM13 etc)

Stallion

First Grade
Talking to Foxtel is a f**king punishment, they have to have seriously overcharged me for me to be bothered picking up the phone. You must hate yourself if you called to lay a complaint no one will listen to.

Wasnt just a complaint but an enquiry about content. But yes the employee wasnt savvy with rugby league at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a shame 200k rl fans don't ring fox and cancel their subscriptions on Monday and tell them they'll rejoin when they next show rl game!