What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Stallion

First Grade
It's a shame 200k rl fans don't ring fox and cancel their subscriptions on Monday and tell them they'll rejoin when they next show rl game!

I actually requested to not have my sports package due to the content on foxleague over the offseason. It got me a $19 discount per month off my sports package. So its clear they are very keen on maintaining subscriptions.

Vee

First Grade
Had to laugh las night when Blair's dog-shot on Cronk was discussed on NRL360. The sad old drunk had to bring up Papali's shot on his dominatrix Gallen from the dark ages.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not sure what year they started but playing the old grand finals on fox league.

Watching eels and sea eagles 1982.

And what a surprise! (Sarcasm alert). Wrestling and holding down in the rucks. Referee errors. Forward passes let go. Dropped balls galore. Dodgy scrums. Yet I was always told the game was perfect in the 80s.

Vee

First Grade

And what a surprise! (Sarcasm alert). Wrestling and holding down in the rucks. Referee errors. Forward passes let go. Dropped balls galore. Dodgy scrums. Yet I was always told the game was perfect in the 80s.
Thanks for the tip, on it now. So many great memories.

Stallion

First Grade
Thanks for the tip, on it now. So many great memories.

So many great memories and relevance to our society in Australia. Its something to be cherished and maintained for current and future generations to enjoy, not diguarded.

thorson1987

Coach

Started yesterday with 80 and 82.

Quality of the games were trash.

Life's Good

Coach
Started yesterday with 80 and 82.

Quality of the games were trash.
That is so true. I watched the Eels v Newtown 81 GF and thought it was very poor quality. Ball control, speed etc. we're from the dark ages. Sure it was a leather ball and players weren't full time but rose coloured glasses would paint the early 80's as the best ever. FFS the ruck was a thrashing contest for the ball between the 1st marker & dummy half-an absolute sh*t fight. Commentators now would call it skill to rake the ball back, it was a lottery.

Stallion

First Grade
FOX500 chanell is like a constant advert for AFL. I note that they call the Fox AFL channel 'FOX Footy'. This in itself is an insult to rugby league whom is referred to as footy in NSW and Qld states. But no, the FOX people in their wisdom decide to overstep the cultural mark . The AFL channel should have been called FOX AFL not FOX Footy. The lack of reasonable international rugby league coverage on Fox league is a pointer to Fox's low regard for rugby league in general. They are using the NRL while they can and not doing the code any favours in the meantime.

Life's Good

Coach
FOX500 chanell is like a constant advert for AFL. I note that they call the Fox AFL channel 'FOX Footy'. This in itself is an insult to rugby league whom is referred to as footy in NSW and Qld states. But no, the FOX people in their wisdom decide to overstep the cultural mark . The AFL channel should have been called FOX AFL not FOX Footy. The lack of reasonable international rugby league coverage on Fox league is a pointer to Fox's low regard for rugby league in general. They are using the NRL while they can and not doing the code any favours in the meantime.
Why are you surprised mate. Evil Rupert made it clear AFL is newsislimited's preferred code. Something along the lines of how they both are about having 'cough' similarly high governance standards 'cough'.

Stallion

First Grade
Why are you surprised mate. Evil Rupert made it clear AFL is newsislimited's preferred code. Something along the lines of how they both are about having 'cough' similarly high governance standards 'cough'.

Not surprised but sadly vindicated. As i suspected the News Ltd attack(superleague war) on the game was not for the good of the game and the proof is clearly showing in their 2nd rate coverage of the game.

no name

Coach
Fox barely covers rugby league. The Fox league channel is 90% NRL, and NRL is a different game to rugby league.
Should be called be Fox NRL.