What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

insert.pause

First Grade
Yvonne Sampson will take centre stage when Fox Sports launches it’s new dedicated NRL channel Fox League later this month.

The Queensland born presenter will co-host game-day coverage along with Matty Johns.

Sampson has risen rapidly through the ranks as an NRL presenter; at ch9 she hosted the Sunday Footy Show and became the first female to host Nine’s ratings blockbuster State of Origin coverage.

Sampson departed Nine at the end of 2016, however a 6-month non-compete clause in her previous contract could have prevented her starting work at Fox Sports until July 1.

DeciderTV understands Nine has now made the decision not to enforce the clause, the network preferring to concentrate on promotion for its own coverage, which in 2017 will be led by former Sky News presenter James Bracey.

https://decidertv.com/page/2017/2/1...ct-and-ready-to-host-fox-league-yvonnesampson

Johnny88

Juniors
Fox Sports NRL channel to push game in Queensland with Suncorp Stadium launch
FOX Sports will launch its new rugby league channel in Brisbane as part of concerted push to win the support of Queensland fans.

Operation Queensland is a firm focus of the new 24-hour league channel, Fox League, which will start with a two-hour version of the Matty Johns Show at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on February 27.

“Kicking off the new Fox League channel in Brisbane shows we are more serious about Queensland than ever before, and we are listening to what fans want,’’ said Fox Sports chief executive Patrick Delany.
30de1cda8ac0f32ee359a3d2f01e4087

A two-hour Matty Johns special will launch the new Fox Sports NRL channel at Suncorp StadiumSource:Supplied

“There’s plenty more to come. We are out to win the hearts and minds of Queensland NRL fans and will be throwing everything we have to deliver more rugby league, the way they want it.

“A new dedicated channel with more of their favourites faces, across more nights, with more Queensland flavour. Broncos, Cowboys and Titans live in action every round. It doesn’t get much better.’’

Fox will send the stars of its league coverage on an eight-day trip around Queensland in the lead-up to the season to rouse interest in the new channel.

Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Gorden Tallis, Kevin Walters, Bryan Fletcher and Nathan Hindmarsh will join other Fox identities in visiting Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and the Gold and Sunshine Coasts for promotions in the lead-up to the season.

c1c53325455b75a70a82ee47b6aed3b9

The NRL will try and push the game in Queensland through the new 24-hour dedicated league channelSource:News Corp Australia

Fox have invited the public to mingle with the cast of the Matty Johns Show from 6.30pm at Suncorp Stadium on February 27 before the live show starts at 7.30pm, featuring Johns, Yvonne Sampson, Mal Meninga, Tallis, Fletcher and Hindmarsh.

Fox Sports are yet to release details of a raft of new shows but it is believed several have a strong Queensland flavour.

One of Fox Sports major moves has been to pit its showpiece Matty Johns Show against the Channel Nine Footy Show on Thursday nights.

Sampson is expected to feature heavily on match broadcasts and magazine shows after being the star off-season recruit from Channel Nine following a heated contract war.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...h/news-story/5bf26a0cd48ecddfb7e119dd3d44e420

GongPanther

Referee
Fox Sports NRL channel to push game in Queensland with Suncorp Stadium launch
FOX Sports will launch its new rugby league channel in Brisbane as part of concerted push to win the support of Queensland fans.

Operation Queensland is a firm focus of the new 24-hour league channel, Fox League, which will start with a two-hour version of the Matty Johns Show at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on February 27.

“Kicking off the new Fox League channel in Brisbane shows we are more serious about Queensland than ever before, and we are listening to what fans want,’’ said Fox Sports chief executive Patrick Delany.
30de1cda8ac0f32ee359a3d2f01e4087

A two-hour Matty Johns special will launch the new Fox Sports NRL channel at Suncorp StadiumSource:Supplied

“There’s plenty more to come. We are out to win the hearts and minds of Queensland NRL fans and will be throwing everything we have to deliver more rugby league, the way they want it.

“A new dedicated channel with more of their favourites faces, across more nights, with more Queensland flavour. Broncos, Cowboys and Titans live in action every round. It doesn’t get much better.’’

Fox will send the stars of its league coverage on an eight-day trip around Queensland in the lead-up to the season to rouse interest in the new channel.

Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Gorden Tallis, Kevin Walters, Bryan Fletcher and Nathan Hindmarsh will join other Fox identities in visiting Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and the Gold and Sunshine Coasts for promotions in the lead-up to the season.

c1c53325455b75a70a82ee47b6aed3b9

The NRL will try and push the game in Queensland through the new 24-hour dedicated league channelSource:News Corp Australia

Fox have invited the public to mingle with the cast of the Matty Johns Show from 6.30pm at Suncorp Stadium on February 27 before the live show starts at 7.30pm, featuring Johns, Yvonne Sampson, Mal Meninga, Tallis, Fletcher and Hindmarsh.

Fox Sports are yet to release details of a raft of new shows but it is believed several have a strong Queensland flavour.

One of Fox Sports major moves has been to pit its showpiece Matty Johns Show against the Channel Nine Footy Show on Thursday nights.

Sampson is expected to feature heavily on match broadcasts and magazine shows after being the star off-season recruit from Channel Nine following a heated contract war.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...h/news-story/5bf26a0cd48ecddfb7e119dd3d44e420

No surprise here that Murderoch's Channel will heavily favour Queensland rugby league.

Foxsports is pro Brisbane Broncos,to which NEWS has 50% share in.NEWS Ltd 100% owners of Foxsports,NEWS Ltd 50% owners in Foxtel.

So you can observe from a distance,that there will be some clubs that on purpose,will be left like a shag on a rock as far as exposure is concerned.

Will the public be awake enough to realise this? Will they realise the point that once again,Foxtel,have them over a barrel?

A suck it and see scenario.

franklin2323

Immortal
At least Yvonne would feel more comfortable with this Johns.

Channel 9's ratings will fall heaps.

Anyone that hates ch9 already watches the games on Fox. The casual fans won't care who's hosting it. Ch9 have no competition it's Fox sports that need to get the viewers across

El Diablo

Post Whore
Anyone that hates ch9 already watches the games on Fox. The casual fans won't care who's hosting it. Ch9 have no competition it's Fox sports that need to get the viewers across
i don't watch Fox because i hate 9's coverage

i watch Fox because they have no ads during play

DlEHARD

Juniors
Gee that only took 20 years.

More English and French RL please. More games from QLD and NSW. I want it all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No surprise here that Murderoch's Channel will heavily favour Queensland rugby league.

Foxsports is pro Brisbane Broncos,to which NEWS has 50% share in.NEWS Ltd 100% owners of Foxsports,NEWS Ltd 50% owners in Foxtel.

So you can observe from a distance,that there will be some clubs that on purpose,will be left like a shag on a rock as far as exposure is concerned.

Will the public be awake enough to realise this? Will they realise the point that once again,Foxtel,have them over a barrel?

A suck it and see scenario.

Or maybe they are not happy with NRL subscriber rates in Qlnad and are making an effort to boost their customer base? Every game is live, how will they favour Qland clubs?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Or maybe they are not happy with NRL subscriber rates in Qlnad and are making an effort to boost their customer base?
well if you support Brisban practically every game is on FTA so why get Fox?

they don't rate that high when they are rarely shown exclusively on Fox either

insert.pause

First Grade
well if you support Brisban practically every game is on FTA so why get Fox?

they don't rate that high when they are rarely shown exclusively on Fox either
Exactly, which is why they are targeting subscribers in qld now that every Broncos game is on fox as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
i don't watch Fox because i hate 9's coverage

i watch Fox because they have no ads during play

whatever the reason. Anyone that can watch Fox watches Fox. Ch9 have 80% more population then Fox does this will increase as Foxtel becomes more redundant

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/yvo...s/news-story/948ad304f723048f01f51965ecbedd19

Yvonne Sampson column: Fox Sports presenter to lead groundbreaking new rugby league show
  • February 15, 2017 7:00am
  • by Yvonne Sampson
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
WHEN I first heard that Fox Sports had this idea for an all-female rugby league show, I was a little bit hesitant because I just didn’t know what that meant or what it would look like.

Then I quickly realised to be part of something that’s never been done before on Australian television was such an enormous privilege.

The team and I have been working hard together over the past couple of weeks with our producers.

The girls that they’ve chosen for the panel, I’ve got enormous respect for.

Lara Pitt, for many years we’ve worked opposite one another but always helping each other when we can.

For years I’ve had the utmost respect for Jess Yates as a sports broadcaster, so to be able to work with both those women is really wonderful and very progressive.

We’ve also signed Hannah Hollis who came to everyone’s attention in her role on NITV’s League Nation Live. Hannah has huge potential and she’s someone who will change females’ roles in sports broadcasting in the future.

When we got together to workshop what League Life would look like and sound like, we were all of the opinion that we wanted it to be a show that addressed the rugby league life that we all live, whether that be from a fan or a player’s perspective, from the grassroots all the way up to the representative level.

We wanted rugby league discussed because more and more it’s ending up on the front and back pages.

We want to question the culture of rugby league, we want to celebrate the culture of rugby league as well as celebrating and questioning the values of the sport and how that relates to our everyday life and our role as women who get to work in and around rugby league.

It’s wonderful to be able to have a platform to do that.

Rugby league fans are more educated than ever and they want different opinions, they want different agendas, they want different faces and voices reflecting their own thoughts and the real thoughts of those people out in the community.

I’m hoping League Life can do just that.

League Life will air Wednesdays at 7:30pm from March 1 on FOX LEAGUE.

Latest posts