What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Life's Good

Coach
Very happy to hear about Vossy getting a show like this. He might be loud & sometimes over the top but he’s a died in the wool league fan.
AND with Sterlo On the couch gone we are spared the faux tough guy James ‘my sources’ Hooper.

Vee

First Grade
Very happy to hear about Vossy getting a show like this. He might be loud & sometimes over the top but he’s a died in the wool league fan.
AND with Sterlo On the couch gone we are spared the faux tough guy James ‘my sources’ Hooper.
I quit Fox in the off-season. On the Couch really went downhill after such a strong start a couple of years ago with faux tough guy James ‘my sources’ Hooper, Anus, Respect My Authority Parker and Blockhead.

By the end, only the one-on-ones were worth the effort.

I agree with most that Vossy deserves his own show for his passion even if he does go OTT sometimes.

Unlike most, I generally enjoyed Paul Kent's opinions except when he was going soft on his favourites.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/b18e1694130ebf9f6fc2df5d35457577

Actor and former Manly and South Sydney player Matt Nable is Fox Sports’ newest NRL commentator

Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph
8 minutes ago

HE’S best known as an actor and a useful footy player who had a handful of games for the Manly Sea Eagles and South Sydney Rabbitohs in the early ’90s.

But this NRL season you will be hearing a lot more from Matt Nable.

The 45-year-old has signed up as an NRL commentator for Fox Sports’ coverage of all eight NRL games each week, joining the likes of Warren Smith, Andrew Voss, Brenton Speed and Matt Russell.

This is the voiceover guy who Fox Sports used last year to promote their new NRL channel.

“It should be good fun and I’m really looking forward to it,” he said.

“As a younger bloke calling always interested me but I got into other things.

“It’s a challenge and a real craft. I’m eager to learn.”

Throughout the off-season Nable has been a regular at Fox Sports studios to learn the craft.

“I’ve had Steve (Roach) and Brandy (Greg Alexander) with me doing dummy calls,” he said.

“I feel lucky to get the opportunity. They won’t throw me to the wolves. I’ll have to be ready.

“I grew up listening to Rex Mossop, then Graeme Hughes and Rabbits and even Warren Boland on the ABC. Hartley and Peters. But I’ll try to develop my own style.

“I’m more excited than nervous. “It’s a game of football. I’m not cutting some one’s chest open to perform open heart surgery.”

Fox Sports Head of Television Steve Crawley is a big fan and is looking forward to his debut.

“Matt Nable is a rare talent,” he said, “He played first grade rugby league, he’s as tough as nails, an author of four books and at times irreverent.

“He’s won major awards for acting both here and in the US. He’s one of a kind and he has Fox League written all over him.”

Vee

First Grade
“I’ve had Steve (Roach) and Brandy (Greg Alexander) with me doing dummy calls,”

Hard to think of anyone more appropriate to do dummy calls than those two.

Generalzod

Immortal
Aarghhhhh! Annoying AFL loving Victorian Emma Freedman joins Fox League team

d45e59f428363aba5a6b8a56d3fa03cd

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/c65aca8e9dcc4f325a05088c7388d884
How many jobs do these people want???, hasn't she already got a job on triple m and on channel 9.

AJB1102

First Grade
Agreeing or repeating everything that Matty says would also be helpful. It’s literally all she does on the grill team.

Oh! Mate! Mate, mate, I'll tell ya what, mate. Mate does she an outstanding job, mate, just really plays a good role and, mate ... I really think she's matured, mate, like, like, mate, mate, just ready for it... ya know?

Mr Saab

Referee
Oh! Mate! Mate, mate, I'll tell ya what, mate. Mate does she an outstanding job, mate, just really plays a good role and, mate ... I really think she's matured, mate, like, like, mate, mate, just ready for it... ya know?
I thought i was the only one who picked up on Emma's FREQUENT use of Mate. Its Bogan central. I channel surf on the way to work & every time i switch over its always a segment she says maaaaate.
"And that's alllllll the spooooort you neeeeeed to knooooooooow"

Spare me days

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=dcb0c742a373c808d97a5f7ec1c1353e-1519098040

The new shows on Fox League for 2018 NRL season
NRL Premiership

Matty Johns with presenters Jess Yates, Megan Barnard, Emma Freedman, Hannah Hollis, Lara Pitt and Yvonne Sampson at the Fox League launch for season 2018 at Walsh Bay in Sydney. Picture. Phil HillyardSource: News Corp Australia

A NEW look line-up on Fox League has been revealed for 2018, with the dedicated rugby league channel boasting four new shows and a re-vamp for Matty Johns’ flagship program.

Aside from having every NRL game, live and ad-free in high definition, Fox League now boasts a total of 11 entertainment programs.

Monday Night with Matty Johns will shift to Sundays where he will be joined by Grill Team co-host Emma Freedman, but taking its spot is Big League Wrap, hosted by Yvonne Sampson, which runs through the week’s biggest headlines with James Hooper and Michael Ennis.

Fans can relive every try from the round with Lara Pitt’s Try Time on Tuesdays, while popular NRL commentator Andrew Voss will get his own show titled The Fan, a unique look at rugby league through the eyes of ‘Vossy’.

Fox League's entertainment shows in 2018Source: FOX SPORTS
On Wednesdays, Ennis will host The Greatest, a look at the game’s most iconic moments.

Fox League also made two big signings in the off-season with Freedman to join the team on Sunday Night with Matty Johns while former first-grader and big screen star Matt Nable has joined the live NRL commentary team.

Returning with a fresh spin to his Friday night variety program is The Professor’s Farewell Tour where he will be joined by Freedman and Nathan Hindmarsh.

Some of rugby league’s biggest names walked the ‘green carpet’ at the Fox League 2018 launch on Tuesday, including NRL stars Sam Burgess, Nathan Cleary, Daly Cherry-Evans, Valentine Holmes, Blake Austin, Tyson Frizell and Ash Taylor.

Australian Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga, Queensland coach Kevin Walters were also present, along with former rugby league stars and Fox League experts Greg Alexander, Corey Parker, Mark Gasnier, Braith Anasta, Gorden Tallis and Justin Hodges.

League legends Noel Kelly, Mark Harris and Bob McCarthy were attendance as well as NRL CEO Todd Greenberg who will appear on the League Life’s first episode of the season.

Fox Sports head of television Steve Crawley said: “We are proud and invigorated by what Fox League achieved in its first year and have made some changes to mirror our mantra of ‘different, better, special’.

“We’re marching into the 2018 season with new shows, talent and motivation and just weeks from kick off it feels like we’re counting down to Christmas”.

A Fox League app will also be launched in time for the 2018 NRL season, a dedicated destination for videos, stories and stats.

MjAyMjAxODN8Y3hvLmF8aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4ubmV3c2FwaS5jb20uYXUvaW1hZ2UvdjEvNTQ3NzdiN2ZlNjBlNzU1MTE1YWQwNDlmYWNiODgwNDF8MjAyMjAxODM=

FOX LEAGUE’S 2018 LINE-UP OF SHOWS

SUNDAY

1:30pm: Sunday Ticket

6pm: Sunday Night with Matty Johns

MONDAY

6pm: NRL Tonight

6:30pm: NRL 360

7:30pm: Big League Wrap

TUESDAY

5pm: NRL Trytime

6pm: NRL Tonight

6:30pm: NRL 360