What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

franklin2323

Immortal
Who wants to watch footy on a pissy little tablet? Fox Sports on the big screen is the only way to go.

On the TV. Google Chromecast cost $58 and plugs into the USB port on the TV. works for most streaming Apps.

Works better as the wife and kids watch their crap. I can watch footy in the other room.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have this shit set up.
I've been wrangling with Telstra for months to get a "decent" deal. The cost to upgrade to HD is unjustifiable.

My current deal is:
iphone, calls and data.
ADSL2 unlimited internet plus line rental
Foxtel basic package with sports.

$220 per month.
The fox component is $40 a month and I only want the RL channels.
If I want HD I have to pay another $200 up front. I'm going to piss sports off once the season starts and watch everything on the app which brings the price down to $200.

Get the Chromecast ot play on your TV and you wont miss Fox Sports one bit.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
Most of the content seems to be replays rather than Rugby League content from around the world. This doesn't surprise me but it's a huge opportunity wasted!

I'm surprised its not Crash Craddock, Ikin, Kent, Matty Johns, Tallis, Hindy and Fletcher and standing around a SAO. Finish, repeat...hourly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
why not also have a NSW dedicated show?

Because they've already got 6 that feature mostly nsw ex and current players, filmed in nsw and mostly talking about Sydney.

Bit that aside it shows how myopic the game remains that we continue to talk about nsw or qland, and have zero focus on the whole country.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Because they've already got 6 that feature mostly nsw ex and current players, filmed in nsw and mostly talking about Sydney.

Bit that aside it shows how myopic the game remains that we continue to talk about nsw or qland, and have zero focus on the whole country.
so you think all those shows won't be discussing Queensland or any of it's three teams?

you are not all there

there is also at least one Queenslander in just about every show too

either Ikin, Sampson, Tallis, Parker, Walters etc etc

Last edited:

alien

Referee
They might also be talking about the QLD Cup on the "Queenslanders Only" program. There will be a 2 hour NSW Cup show (Saturdays 12.30 PM - 2.30 PM). The "Queenslanders Only" program only goes for 30 minutes.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

9e9sx.gif

mozza91

Coach
Jesus is that hard to get someone on the TV talking Rugby League who actually knows about the game?
The likes of Craddock, Squires, Bracey and Shirvington wouldn't have a shred of Rugby League knowledge beyond the absolute basics. Yet someone like Steve Mascord doesn't get a look in.

Canard

Immortal
Anyone know if the NRL app will be limited to 7inch in size on tablets like the AFL one is doing this year.

no name

Coach
On the TV. Google Chromecast cost $58 and plugs into the USB port on the TV. works for most streaming Apps.

Works better as the wife and kids watch their crap. I can watch footy in the other room.
Doesn't work for the NRL app, on Apple anyway.

adamkungl

Immortal
Like to see all super league games bought by Fox telecasted live. ..

Fox already live telecasts Super League.
We get the exact same coverage as the UK does.

I doubt Fox are going to send over their own team to cover the 3-4 games that SkySports don't though.

Fox already live telecasts Super League.
We get the exact same coverage as the UK does.

I doubt Fox are going to send over their own team to cover the 3-4 games that SkySports don't though.
But thats the thing.... why aren't all super league games televised? Challenge Cup games and even the championship and it would a perfect filler for the night shift

Perth Red

Post Whore
But thats the thing.... why aren't all super league games televised? Challenge Cup games and even the championship and it would a perfect filler for the night shift

Because sky sports are merkins and only want to show two games a week, they bought the tv rights to RL championship and refuse to show any of it. They give darts better coverage than rugby league in uk. Part of Murdoch dislike if RL I guess?

Hopefully we'll get the challenge cup coverage.

Latest posts