What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

I love the Talkin Sport thread. It's an awesome read and funny as. Don't always get to listen to the show unless I'm in the car after 3 though.

Was just wondering if any of you guys listen to The Big Sports Breaky at all? I've been listening since the Richard Freedman days.

I see The Narc has returned in the last few months.

Mr Saab

Referee
I have listened since day one back in 1999 with Radley and Trent. It was better back in those days.
After 8am they would dedicate a whole hr to talkback callers....now they take calls when they want.
TK is a nuffy, and Slater talks too much bloody cricket

shane1970

Juniors
It's still bloody great listening - whatever your favourite sport - sure as hell beats listening to constant re bloody plays of shit songs all day - slats also talks too mch bloody motor racing ! but for the short five minute or so interviews the three and a half hour show still rocks !

innsaneink

Referee
The nark is very much diluted nowadays...somewhat orchestrated & rehearsed.....nothing like his lunatic rants of a few years back.

I listen in the car on the way to work and soemtimes after I start work...Cameron Smith is perfect did you know?

silverex

Bench
Been listening to BSB for about 3 years now as I drive to work.

Used to listen to Talkin' Sport on the way home but have just changed over to Gibbs and Brandy on 2UE.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nark was much better when Fat Quaddie Freedman was on and they gave it to each other deluxe. When Nark gave it to Slats he got all defensive (very sensitive is Mr Slater) and Nark was banned. Slats blamed it on management, but thats utter BS.

TeamSatan

Juniors
The show needs a wild man who will say what needs to be said.

It doesn't need drunken old fools like the 2SM show has for callers.

The guys on BSB are way too nice and precious...But still far ahead of any of the FM garbage.

roboshark

Coach
I used to listen to them but that merkn TK ruins it. I haven't switched back on since he went public with a massive campaign to rid the nrl of the sharks....he is a scumbag

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Nark was much better when Fat Quaddie Freedman was on and they gave it to each other deluxe. When Nark gave it to Slats he got all defensive (very sensitive is Mr Slater) and Nark was banned. Slats blamed it on management, but thats utter BS.

Spot on, freedman and the nark were great radio, slater couldn't handle it

Mr Saab

Referee
Slater cant even handle a call frm Bass. Slats is way too sensitive for radio......TK is a tosser, but at least he can handle to callers who give it to him....Slats ends up crying.
Must be a cricket thing

Brutus

Referee
The nark is very much diluted nowadays...somewhat orchestrated & rehearsed.....nothing like his lunatic rants of a few years back.

I listen in the car on the way to work and soemtimes after I start work...Cameron Smith is perfect did you know?

Agree. Sounds like he's reading from a script.

Eion

First Grade
It is amazing how much the show improves when Jimmy and Stu are on. They work very well together, Jimmy esp comes out of his shell. (Not that TK and slats are that bad btw).

Eion

First Grade
I suppose I'm comparing TK and Slats to Graeme, Robbo, et al from Talkin' Sport. Compared to those tards, they are wonderful.

Agree though Saab....I wish we had Stu / Jimmy all the time.

I have listened since day one back in 1999 with Radley and Trent. It was better back in those days.
After 8am they would dedicate a whole hr to talkback callers....now they take calls when they want.
TK is a nuffy, and Slater talks too much bloody cricket
What's the history Mr Saab?

Radley & Trent
? and ?
? and ?
? and ?
Kennedy & Freedman
Kennedy & Slater

Out of interest can you fill in the gaps?

Mr Saab

Referee
Memory is a little hazy re the teams....Brutus might be able to confirm

Ian Trent was on between 1999-2001
Freedman was on between 2001 and 2008
Unsure when TK joined

Radley and Trent were great, but my fav is Peter Peters

Last edited:

Latest posts