What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Burkey has been good, hope he stays on.
A guy who played all his career in Rugby still knows more about other sports than TK.

Had Stuart Clarke on this morning so I don't know when Burke will be back but I did think he had great knowledge of multiple sports and enjoyed his cameo, where was the Nark this morning?.

Johnny88

Juniors
I heard a podcast interview of Langmack talking to the weekend BSB. Wow, did he open up about some incidents in 1996.
Yeah even Stuart Clark helped him by saying the line is dodgy and cutting out lol. You can still hear Langmack clear as crystal. Those stories a better left in the past.

Johnny88

Juniors
FORMER rugby league international Paul Langmack has been admitted to a private mental health hospital just days after a bizarre radio rant in which he claimed he bet on matches alongside Tommy Raudonikis during their time as captain/coach at Western Suburbs during the 1990s.

It is understood the former State of Origin and Test star, who is currently working as an engagement executive at the NSWRL, has entered a health facility in Sydney suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.

On Sydney’s 2KY, Langmack said he and Raudonikis would discuss the day before games if their rarely fancied Magpies could do enough to cover betting spreads.

It is understood that at the time there was no prohibition on such betting.
Tommy and I would bet, we wouldn’t get the other players to bet because they’d get scared and get nervous,” Langmack told 2KY.
He was cut off by host Stuart Clark, who said Langmack’s line had “dropped out”, before he could finish a story.

Raudonikis denied the claims when The Daily Telegraph contacted him.

“None of that is true at all,” Raudonikis said.

“There is no truth in it, not one bit. I’m denying it. It didn’t happen. I can only say I didn’t do it. That’s as far as I’m concerned.

“I have nothing to hide in my rugby league career.”

The NRL is aware of the radio rant as well as Langmack’s mental health situation.

An NSWRL spokeswoman said: “Paul Langmack is on indefinite sick leave. We will raise the issue when he returns.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k/news-story/338e37328e416487f50afac86041e67a

Had Stuart Clarke on this morning so I don't know when Burke will be back but I did think he had great knowledge of multiple sports and enjoyed his cameo, where was the Nark this morning?.

Burkey was back on today.
The Nark phoned in around 6:15 this morning and he didn't last long. He knocked TK about Jemma & Victoria leaving. He then praised Matt Russell? for the pronunciation of Jillaroo Renae merkins surname.
No surprises for guessing how the Nark pronounced it. :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Something must be up with Slats missing for a long period of time. Personal issues?
Cant say its been worst without him.
I know Grill Team was a lot more enjoyable minus Emma Freedman for 2 weeks.

Been more enjoyable without him. They just need rid themselves of the fence sitter now.

Webster and Burkey would be alright.

Emu01

Juniors
Anyone know the reason why Slats has been missing? Has 2ky said anything or is it just silence.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Anyone know the reason why Slats has been missing? Has 2ky said anything or is it just silence.

Heard TK say something last week that Slats was just having a 'rest'. What ever that means.
Even his twitter account is inactive. Almost been a month since his last post.

Mr Saab

Referee
On the BSB facebook page many people have asked where Slats is. Suspect it is something serious for him to be away this long.

I hope it's permanent laryngitis. Other than that I hope he's alright, he's had form for being a little troubled in the past hasn't he?

I hope it's permanent laryngitis. Other than that I hope he's alright, he's had form for being a little troubled in the past hasn't he?

Yes he has. Bipolar and bouts of depression along with constant back pain.
He either has health problems, someone in his family is sick or his is having trouble with Sky sports.
Its very unusual for his long absence not be explained.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
They haven't changed the Breakfast Cereal boxes so I'm guessing he'll be back, has anyone rung the open line and asked the panel operators what's going on?.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Slats back on air today.
The only reason I heard for his 6 weeks off was he needed a rest in Qld.
Sounds a bit odd to me.

Latest posts