What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Brutus

Referee
Grand Final week in Sydney used to mean rugby league. These days all these shows say Grand Final week in the AFL and NRL.

Times have changed.

Stallion

First Grade
Grand Final week in Sydney used to mean rugby league. These days all these shows say Grand Final week in the AFL and NRL.

Times have changed.

Agree. And wonder if the same applies to the equivalent radio show in Melbourne? From what I've heard thats not the case. Despite the developmental inroads and success of the Storm.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Caller John discussing Nick Kygrios and his excuses about illness (was a good call).
TK agrees with him, and then brings in Slats...dead air for 2 secs.
Slats "Oh sorry, I was reading about T10 cricket"

Why does he bother being on the show when all he cares about his just cricket.

Probably a paycheck for him. I often get the impression he doesn't want to be there.

Das Gupta

Juniors
New Newreader too. Growl. Not bad on the eyes.
Uncle creepy is already coming on to her. Telling her the best advice he can give to her, is to keep both feet on the floor ;) and if she needs any help with any problems come to him.:eek:

Life's Good

Coach
New Newreader too. Growl. Not bad on the eyes.
Uncle creepy is already coming on to her. Telling her the best advice he can give to her, is to keep both feet on the floor ;) and if she needs any help with any problems come to him.:eek:
Is that what he said?? What's he going to help her with?? Singing Bon Jovi out of tune??

Emu01

Juniors
I heard slats and Tk talking to the new news girl Maddle Sloane this morning..

Tk says “What’s happening” “Slats says Maddie has come into the studio and she is playing with my knobs”. The girl just laughed but I was thinking you such a creep.

Slats does this with all the newsreaders. Totally over steps the mark as far as sexual harassment goes.

Mr Saab

Referee
Slats was talking about how when he worked with Fatty Vautin that Fatty said his cricket stories were boring. You got that right Slats, and many more agree with Fatty.
Slats is a bore when it comes to anything to do with cricket.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I heard slats and Tk talking to the new news girl Maddle Sloane this morning..

Tk says “What’s happening” “Slats says Maddie has come into the studio and she is playing with my knobs”. The girl just laughed but I was thinking you such a creep.

Slats does this with all the newsreaders. Totally over steps the mark as far as sexual harassment goes.

Thats why on here we call Slats Uncle Creepy.

Life's Good

Coach
What about TK fence sitting on the testimonial game for Smith & Thurston. He was hedging his bets and couldn’t take a stance either way. Hard hitting (not) commentary coupled with the clandestine female stalker makes for interesting radio.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Slats was talking about how when he worked with Fatty Vautin that Fatty said his cricket stories were boring. You got that right Slats, and many more agree with Fatty.
Slats is a bore when it comes to anything to do with cricket.
Back in my day......

What about TK fence sitting on the testimonial game for Smith & Thurston. He was hedging his bets and couldn’t take a stance either way. Hard hitting (not) commentary coupled with the clandestine female stalker makes for interesting radio.

That's why I call TK the fence sitter. Rarely ever takes a hardline on anything. Never wants to call a spade a spade. If he were a dog in a pack he'd be the one that rolls over on his back and pisses all over himself at the first sign of conflict.

Old Slats is back into full Weinstein mode with this new bird. I assume she's a bit of alright?

Just on Slats, fair dinkum if you listen through digital radio you can hear him breathing through his microphone when he's not talking, given how shallow and rapid his breathing sounds it's like he has end stage heart failure. They need to fix that shit up quick smart as it's annoying.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It's especially funny as it sounds like she's trying not to piss herself laughing when she f**ks up.

I think she is really nervous, reading too fast and not breathing.

Hopefully, she will settle down because at the moment you can't make heads or tails of what she is saying.

Been on fire the merkin, I reckon if you had been on everything he has tipped since he has come on board you would be well in front

Yeah I seldom bet on the gallops but I might need to start up again. He picked the roughie at 18-1 the other day. A mate at work went ten each way on it and ended up with something like $220.