What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide, Dec 2-6 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
I hope we bowl if we win the toss.

If only to prevent the Poms bowling on what looks like being the best day for swing bowlers.

TheParraboy

Staff member

If only to prevent the Poms bowling on what looks like being the best day for swing bowlers.

Might get a Chappelli quote if we are lucky

"as captain if I won the toss id bat 9 times out of 10. The other time id think about it, then decide to bat"...

Showtime

Juniors

Not sure what the wicket is like but it looks like it's pretty windy so I wouldn't mind seeing Hazlewood and Starc with the new pink ball. Hopefully we don't see tennis ball bounce like the Gabba.

blaza88z

Coach

"as captain if I won the toss id bat 9 times out of 10. The other time id think about it, then decide to bat"...

I was thinking more of a 1930's occurrence where a team won the toss and elected to bowl, the batting side were 1/300 at stumps

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The pitch looks as flat as a pancake and is quite hard and abrasive. I don't know how long the ball will swing for

roofromoz

First Grade

How many Victor Richardson references will we get from Chapelli in this match?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks a good batting wicket, surely you would want to bat before the lights as much as possible???

blaza88z

Coach
It's always gutsy bowling first but I can understand why, the ball zips around at night and they have a very good new ball attack

Blade23

Juniors
It's always gutsy bowling first but I can understand why, the ball zips around at night and they have a very good new ball attack

If it were me. I would bat first and hopefully bat long enough like a 1 day and half and then throw the opposition in the last session on day 2. Hopefully lining up to just before the night session.
England are giving Australia possibly the best batting conditions of the match.

Latest posts