What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide Dec 3-7 2010

gronkathon

First Grade
Ponting and North should also play no further part in the series.

Knowing the selectors though Johnson will come in for Doherty, Clarke moved to opener and Steve Smith added to the team

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gotta give it to the Poms, we were wooped

wonder who will be the scapegoat will be

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congratulations England

Too good in all facets. batting, bowling, fielding, catching

Strauss declaring when he did ended up being perfect, lucky he didnt declare any earlier as we would have been all out yesterday. Innings defeat on day 4

A few changes needed for Perth for us to get out of this rut

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i dont want scapegoats just picking a team for the future and sticking with it.

hughes and usman in

watto down the order so we can bowl him some more

i like the idea of having smith and okeefe in the team for the batting and bowling. okeefe as the primary spinner smith backup

x should probably get the rest of the series though. or have we seen enough?

im still not convinced about siddle

i think bollinger will be back to form

no johnson unless hes taking wickets and bowling at 145+ consistently

north gone... please please please let him be gone

yappy

Bench
One team came into this series playing their best and most in-form players, prepared with 100% focus on winning and playing to the best of their ability. The other side is trying to relive past deeds with players past their prime.

yappy

Bench
i dont want scapegoats just picking a team for the future and sticking with it.

Yep. If we're honest we know that this side is just not good enough to win the last three tests 2-0 at least. Not against this England side. Past pommies always had that softness about them and we had the steel to exploit it, but now the tables are turned. Punter isn't the player he was even 2 years ago, Hussey has done great, but he's needed a lot of luck, it won't last and he'll have those early edges going to hand again. Clarke looks like he might have turned it around, but one innings doesn't mean much, and Watson is great for 50, but can't go on with it and be our Cook. We don't have a spinner who will ask the questions Swann asks and our seamers are good, but not great and don't have support from the fielders or field settings.

It's time to look to the future and start bringing u/25s into the side so we're looking at guys with 10 years of test cricket in front of them rather than 10 months.

Timbo

Staff member
x should probably get the rest of the series though. or have we seen enough?

I have. The difference between Doherty and Swann was astronomical.

It was like comparing Dawson and Warne two ashes series ago.

Doherty couldn't get a game for Tassie. That's why.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
are george and copeland our best young pace options

or are they too similar?

and furgo just failed in the shield match

okeefe not playing unfortunatley

Meth

Staff member
Pretty sure we (NZ) would get our arses handing to us v Australia at the moment. That's the bummer. This is the worst Australian team I can remember and NZ aren't good enough to capitalize.

yappy

Bench
George could become something, but doesn't have the pace or control just yet.
Copeland is much better and could step into the test side now.

Batman Returns

Juniors
Pretty sure we (NZ) would get our arses handing to us v Australia at the moment. That's the bummer. This is the worst Australian team I can remember and NZ aren't good enough to capitalize.

Our test team is on the rise at the moment Meth - some good results in India. Who gives a sh*t about the one day crap. We'll be over in Australia next year and I have every confidence that we'll thrash these hapless Aussies. England are not as good as these clueless ockers make them look. The dog shaggers are woeful and getting worse.

Liddell

Juniors
I have. The difference between Doherty and Swann was astronomical.

It was like comparing Dawson and Warne two ashes series ago.

Doherty couldn't get a game for Tassie. That's why.

In the end they were treating him like a 5th grader. Belting him with ease.

Surely that experiment has failed.

shiznit

Coach
Our test team is on the rise at the moment Meth - some good results in India. Who gives a sh*t about the one day crap. We'll be over in Australia next year and I have every confidence that we'll thrash these hapless Aussies. England are not as good as these clueless ockers make them look. The dog shaggers are woeful and getting worse.
our test team is f**king rubbish....

i hate seeing all these clowns come on talking about our test team improving...

why?? because India felt sorry for us and went easy on us for 2 tests?? as soon as India decided to put the foot down they f**ken destroyed us.

NZ stink at cricket.... we always have... and we always will....

im embarrassed to see NZ being mentioned in this thread...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kiwi's improving??? They haven't won a one day game since August :lol: As bad as we are going we will never stoop that low.

Last edited:

Latest posts