What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd T20 Int'l: Tue 13 Jan - Australia d. South Africa by 6 wkts @ the 'Gabba

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
KFC_T20_game2.jpg

Australian squad:
R. Ponting (c)
M. Hussey (vc)
D. Hussey
B. Hilfenhaus
J. Hopes
N. Bracken
L. Ronchi
S. Marsh
S. Tait
D. Warner
R. Harris
C. White
N. Hauritz

South African Squad:
Johan Botha (capt)
Neil McKenzie
Hashim Amla
Mark Boucher
AB de Villliers
JP Duminy
Herschelle Gibbs
Jacques Kallis
Albie Morkel
Morné Morkel
Makhaya Ntini
Wayne Parnell
Dale Steyn
Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Vaughn van Jaarsveld

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
White was quite handy in the field last night... is it really wise to drop him?

Timmah

Staff member
Like that catch that he turned away from on the boundary?

:lol: You really are an unrelenting pr*ck, aren't you? Love to have seen you take one staring straight into the light-tower. Self-righteous f*ckwit.

Bazal

Post Whore
White was quite handy in the field last night... is it really wise to drop him?

Not really, he was fairly poor. But at the same time, Harris is a bowler who can bat a little, White is a batsman who pretends he can bowl. Would be silly to play Harris over White

eddiesmith

Juniors
Harris will play, they wouldnt drag him away for these 2 games and not play him

They will probably drop either White or Marsh with Hopes moving to opener, unless Tait is sore already unless Ponting or Hussey want a night off

D.Husseys performance may even see them more likely to pick Hauritz

Bigfella

Coach
I think you are right Eddie, Harris may have been there as cover for Tait.

I think you'd actually improve the team by opening with Hopes. He has been probably the most consistent opener in domestic T20 last two seasons plus is always good with the ball. It simply provides another bowling option without weakening the batting.

Even with all the players "rested" I think this is close to our best available side. Symonds would come back in. I couldn't find a spot for Clarke. Haddin maybe over Ronchi because of his form this season but on their day maybe Ronchi is the more inventive bat.

Much as people on this forum get into Cameron White he is one of the cleanest and biggest hitters in the country. I wouldn't bowl him often if at all but he'd be in my squad.

I would definitely have Xavier Doherty in ahead of Haurie. He and D Hussey have been the best slow bowlers in domestic T20 I reckon. I think Doherty's problem is that no one would be able to tell him and David Warner apart!

Outside the current international squads, Rhett Lockyear is one who should get picked up by IPL soon. I also really liked the look of Ben Laughlin, or O'Lauglin (>>) from Qld the other day. Only medium pace but is a highly attacking bowler with huge skill. Have heard him talkejd up in one dayers but only seen him play two T20's. There's something about the way he attacks the batsman that suggests he ahs something special.

PS Simon Katich possibly the worst T20 player at domestic level. Blues should be leaving him right out.

aussies1st

Staff member
From what I hear Haurie and Harris are in, no idea who they are going in for though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly M Hussey is lucky to be there, out of form and his 20/20 record is average compared to his amazing test and ODI record.

Timmah

Staff member
He's not playing county you goose, this is international.

Latest posts