What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test Aust vs England @ Adelaide Oval

Master Vippo

Juniors
He at least could have tried to protect his tailenders. A couple of times he took a single fisrt ball, or made not effort to try and get one towards the end of the over. They could have lasted longer if Col had protected them.

simon says

First Grade
Master Vippo said:
He at least could have tried to protect his tailenders. A couple of times he took a single fisrt ball, or made not effort to try and get one towards the end of the over. They could have lasted longer if Col had protected them.

I agree.I couldnt believe the lack of protection he gave the lower order....if they werent going for it,taking a sinlg off the first ball is mad/selfish whatever.

I couldnt believe it.......

JJ

Immortal
as lukeburt said -Steve Waugh spent a whole career not protecting tailenders (and consequently ending not out and noosting his average), yet he is lauded... go figure

I'm a huge Steve Waugh fan, but if batsmen are to be accused of playing selfishly, he'd be right at the top of the list

simon says

First Grade
Steve Waugh would protect them until he thought they got theit eye in......and Im sure if all Oz had to do was bat an hour that he would have the skill to keep the strike,or get a few boundaries of the last few balls while the field was up to put the game out of reach.

To compare Collingwood to Waugh is ridiculous......

JJ

Immortal
simon says said:
Steve Waugh would protect them until he thought they got theit eye in......and Im sure if all Oz had to do was bat an hour that he would have the skill to keep the strike,or get a few boundaries of the last few balls while the field was up to put the game out of reach.

To compare Collingwood to Waugh is ridiculous......

Steve Waugh hardly ever protected anyone

I'm not comparing them, just puzzled by the incredibly selective short sighted arguments some of you make

Latest posts