What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test - Australia v New Zealand Hobart Dec 9 - Dec 13 2011

TheParraboy

Staff member
Australia had their advantage going into today without losing a wicket, certainly the trio of Pointing, Clarke and Hussey became the biggest obstacle because for Warner and Lyon to try and amaze 40+ runs proved too much, also it was confusing to understand what Warner was doing giving strike to Lyon. He said at the end he trust him, and that's fine but would you really let a no:11 bat that long? Warner didn't help himself much by trying to finish in a hurry and swinging and missing.

Anyway, well done to the Black Caps they fought as hard and the bowlers put a lot of good work in, granted we were still let down a bit with our own batsmen getting tiny starts and falling.

No matter who you supported, it was very exciting and nerve wrecking. Great viewing for cricket.

Agree

Great test match

JJ

Immortal
At least khawaja was visible in the field. Williamson was nowhere. If Ryder is such a gun you'd think he'd lift against the blokes from across the detch. Yet he got out stumped to Mike f**king Hussey! In one innings and did nothing else of note except get repeatedly mistaken for a sight screen.

invisible? I remember a very sharp runout, and a very good catch... Khawaja was the one in the helmet, right, how many did he drop in Brisbane....

I agree on Ryder, yet we still won... go figure

JJ

Immortal
Because Bracewell won NZ the match, Warner had the chance to win it for Australia and couldn't...

Hallatia

Referee
I think the problem was that they left it to viewers to vote and they opened the voting quite early, when it looked like Warner might save the match. That and I would say the majority of the voters were Australian

El Diablo

Post Whore
I think the problem was that they left it to viewers to vote and they opened the voting quite early, when it looked like Warner might save the match. That and I would say the majority of the voters were Australian
the majority were New Zealanders

El Diablo

Post Whore
btw don't NZ viewers always decide MOTM when at home via sms?

first time it's happened here

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
He is a knob, Bracewell clear MOM. No doubt about it at all.

Warner was outstanding, but ultimately he should have farmed the strike more, I guess... hard to know, but taking singles too early ultimately was what cost you - it was a wicket where a ball was always going to do something, and Warner was more likely to cope

Hallatia

Referee
I said, I would say, not they were, but I suspect they were. Primarily because Australia has several times the population New Zelanad does

Latest posts