What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Melbourne on Dec 26-30, 2016

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No way Pakistan threw that IMO.

How often do India/Sri Lanka/Pakistan ever really perform well in Australia and even NZ? Sub continent sides really do struggle in the Southern Hemisphere.

The writing was on the wall when NZ brushed Pakistan's batting aside with relative ease. Pakistan scored 133, 171, 216, 230.

They only really surpassed that on the back of 2 batsmen digging their heels in along with a luck riding tail.

Sphagnum

Coach
All of the bowlers were great and the aussies took all their chances (except scissorhands).

Pakis cracked under the pressure.

Bazal

Post Whore
That has to be the most pissweak day I have ever seen from a team in a test match.

Really? Hobart a few tests ago not doing it for you? 60 odd in the ashes?

Surviving a day is a lot harder than people often think. And Pakistan are very rarely good out here, nor are they renowned for the mental toughness

Bazal

Post Whore
All of the bowlers were great and the aussies took all their chances (except scissorhands).

Pakis cracked under the pressure.

One thing I did like from Smith was that he did rotate the bowlers quite often, so they were always charging in at somewhere near full tilt. That's so valuable in contributing to a pressure situation

Wizardman

First Grade
Really? Hobart a few tests ago not doing it for you? 60 odd in the ashes?

Surviving a day is a lot harder than people often think. And Pakistan are very rarely good out here, nor are they renowned for the mental toughness
Those two days you just brought up were in tough conditions. Pakistan batted on a road today.

Bazal

Post Whore
Those two days you just brought up were in tough conditions. Pakistan batted on a road today.

I'd argue the pressure of batting to save a test match on day five is probably equal to the impact of conditions in those two games, being that the failures were in the first innings

Tommy Smith

Referee
No way Pakistan threw that IMO.

How often do India/Sri Lanka/Pakistan ever really perform well in Australia and even NZ? Sub continent sides really do struggle in the Southern Hemisphere.

The writing was on the wall when NZ brushed Pakistan's batting aside with relative ease. Pakistan scored 133, 171, 216, 230.

They only really surpassed that on the back of 2 batsmen digging their heels in along with a luck riding tail.
Very good point.

Has a subcontinent team EVER won a test series in Australia? I don't think they have.

It's no coincidence that England and South Africa are the only teams to beat Australia down under in the last 20 years.

Tommy Smith

Referee
No way Smith gets MotM over Warner.

Ridiculous.

Warner's run a ball 143 is the only reason there was a result in this test.

Bazal

Post Whore
Despite his ordinary firsr innings I'd have said Starc, then Warner myself. His 84 gave us the runs we needed to bowl Pakistan out, and then he bowled them out

Tommy Smith

Referee
How often has a test team had a guy score a double century and still lose? Must be some kind of record
I remember Brian Lara scoring 221 & 130 in a test in Sri Lanka and they still lost lol

That series was probably the best display of batting by a single player in the modern era as everyone else got reemed by Murali and Vaas at his best.

Just shows that you need at least 1 or 2 guys at the other end pulling their weight.

Latest posts