What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: England v South Africa at Nottingham, Jul 14-18, 2017

Iafeta

Referee
The irony is Gary Ballances biggest issue is.... balance. Was Jason Gillespie his club coach? If so, remarkable inside job there. "Gary, listen, even if it's a half volley I want you to go right back in your crease and wait for the swing". The lad is all hands, he allows bowlers to pitch up and swing him out with late movement.

He's the Bryan Young of his generation. He used to always go well back. I saw it work once when Young converted a Yorker into a long half volley. Except he's not also a brilliant slipsman who somehow also got/fluked 267 not out v the best knuckle ball pitcher in the game of baseball, Muralitharan.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Stoneman might actually get a go.

I can't believe a player heavily mentioned as possible test player the past12 months the coach Bayliss has admitted he has never seen Stoneman bat in the flesh.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-south-africa-2017/content/story/1111853.html

Great coach. :confused: He obviously looks at the County cricket scorecards when picking the test team. How else could Ballance and all his technical shortcomings get a recall?

An arsewhipping a coming for the Poms this summer.

Iafeta

Referee
Did anyone see the Simon Fry horror show. Gave Dawson out caught behind which was referred.... he missed it by a good two foot. Easiest overturn of all time for another poor umpire.

Iafeta

Referee
Sweet baby Jesus. Ballances second innings was horrible. Didn't move his feet at all. Begged to be LBW and was.