What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: India v Australia at Hyderabad (Deccan) Mar 2-6, 2013

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ugly and fundamentally flawed is what I'd say...

didn't take long for the Poms, then the lengendary Chris Martin and now the English spinners to find weaknesses.. and he's got nothing to fall back on... the Martin saga was Python-esque... plenty of ugly batsmen have been technically sound (Wright, Andrew Jones, even to me Border and S Waugh) and the likes of Wright and Waug simplky eliminated shots that repeatedly got them out - sensible

Watson to be fair has been decent much of his career...
Disagree on Watson....his test career.

Hughes is young and has more results than him, in tests.

I still say NSW cricket produces, Hughes just needs to follow the Clarke path, he is currently on the Watto path, ODIs get you a name.

Y2Eel

First Grade
So do they get a golf day tomorrow or are they actually going to get out and work on being better?

Timbo

Staff member
Im aware that there are a number of underperforming players in the Aussie top order. And id dump half of them atm - Cowan and Hughes. Id give Shaun Marsh another crack as he cant do much worse than the current mob despite his horror run over his last few test innings.

Obviously it wont happen but this is the team id pick for the 3rd Test:

Watson
Marsh
Khawaja
Clarke
Warner (give him a crack down the order and see how it works; its not as if youre exposing him to spin when Ashwin opens the bowling anyway)
Henriques
Haddin
O'Keefe
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon

Wrong.

HevyDevy

Coach
The problem as I see it with Hughes is that when people tell him he has a problem, he takes it as gospel and it becomes true.

Watson and Cowan are pretty similar in their ability to get a start and inability to go on with it, the only difference being that Watson looks prettier during his short time at the crease.

And Wade, Doherty and Maxwell should be nowhere near the Australian team. Oh, and anyone mentioning Steve Smith's name should be shot.

Earl

Coach
So do they get a golf day tomorrow or are they actually going to get out and work on being better?

If I was the coach I would be telling the players this as they pack up their bags after being demorilised.

"Okay guys obviously we've got an extra day tomorrow so i'll be holding an optional training session"

anyone who doesn't turn up for the training session would be then sent home immediately.

We've got softcocks running this team.

We need a team management with a hard line, old school approach.

If you don't want to play for this team, then don't. f**k off home.

Actually, the Aussies had the pitch netted off and they were practicing yesterday afternoon.

Clarkey looked livid with the team.