What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Wellington on Mar 16-20, 2017

JJ

Immortal
I know Henry hasn't been brilliant in recent times but we simply have to play 4 genuine bowlers. Colin is a bit of a joke, and having him open the bowling simply isn't funny

edabomb

First Grade
CDG opening the bowling in a test against SA.

5126613f8983516244d873902ccd030590171f22c4601ffd5ce2bdb1b8447260.jpg

Meth

Staff member
I know Henry hasn't been brilliant in recent times but we simply have to play 4 genuine bowlers. Colin is a bit of a joke, and having him open the bowling simply isn't funny

Even though CDG went ok and picked up a wicket, I still agree with this

Rod

Bench
Still not convinced by Nicholls but that knock is a step in the right direction. For the first time he actually looked somewhat comfortable and not like every run was a struggle.

I think our selections are a bit of a mess right now but I guess for now we're hanging in there. Despite stealing the wicket of Elgar CdG opening the bowling is ridiculous.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think the kid has a lot of potential, he has a text book technique and I think it just depends on whats between his ears that will determine if he makes it,

Meth

Staff member
It would be great if Nicholls did deliver as he is obviously in the box seat and we seem to desperately need a 5 right now.

Iafeta

Referee
I've got to give him credit. That was a heck of innings. 3/21 against Rabada, Philander and Morkel on a seaming wicket, he counter attacked with great skill. That was a fine balls to the walls innings.

In relation to CDG, I was miffed he was in the team firstly, and fuming when I saw him opening the bowling. But he was accurate and getting movement. SA are lucky they weren't 3 down, I have no idea how Southee didn't castle Rabadas middle pin.