What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Mr Saab

Referee
2012 was peak Adrian for Des love.
I think 2SM need to screen calls to avoid the fruitbats....but then we'd have about 5 callers.

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
I swear some of the traffic reports are recycled.

When you have to drive the motorways of Sydney you get to know what's happening and which stations have decent traffic info. I can guarantee you that 2SM has regularly played the traffic report from the previous day. When they do get the right day, their info is hours behind.

A few other quality features of this remarkable station (many that have been mention in this thread):

- Dead air. Just complete silence for extended periods. Some may say that's an improvement on what you hear from their announcers.

- Playing one thing over the top of another, such as playing an ad while the traffic report is on. Not for just a few seconds as you might get on a station with professional staff who are monitoring what's happening, but for 30 seconds or more. It's a complete head f*ck.

- News readers who have yet to learn how to read, or have any idea how to pronounce common English words. And the traffic reporter's pronunciation of street names borders on the ludicrous. A name like "Viscount St" for example, would be "Viss-count St" for sure. It's like word games, or trying to decipher a toddler's first attempts at speech.

- And, perhaps most baffling of all: sometimes they just start playing another station's broadcast. At least three times I have heard them start broadcasting 2DAY FM. How this could possibly happen, and the legal ramifications are just mind boggling.

FlameThrower

Bench
When you have to drive the motorways of Sydney you get to know what's happening and which stations have decent traffic info. I can guarantee you that 2SM has regularly played the traffic report from the previous day. When they do get the right day, their info is hours behind.

A few other quality features of this remarkable station (many that have been mention in this thread):

- Dead air. Just complete silence for extended periods. Some may say that's an improvement on what you hear from their announcers.

- Playing one thing over the top of another, such as playing an ad while the traffic report is on. Not for just a few seconds as you might get on a station with professional staff who are monitoring what's happening, but for 30 seconds or more. It's a complete head f*ck.

- News readers who have yet to learn how to read, or have any idea how to pronounce common English words. And the traffic reporter's pronunciation of street names borders on the ludicrous. A name like "Viscount St" for example, would be "Viss-count St" for sure. It's like word games, or trying to decipher a toddler's first attempts at speech.

- And, perhaps most baffling of all: sometimes they just start playing another station's broadcast. At least three times I have heard them start broadcasting 2DAY FM. How this could possibly happen, and the legal ramifications are just mind boggling.
Spot on summary and one time they had a shocking echo that repeating every word about 3 times it went on for ages as I switched stations came back still echo, then switch off / came back it was still echo. They are sub standard and even community radio broadcasting out of a garden shed is better!!!!

Iafeta

Referee

I kid you not. There was an accident on the corner of Victoria St and Elizabeth St Wetherill Park for 3 days straight.

FlameThrower

Bench
Seriously/ if they had a half decent sports show, they would attract proper open line callers. There is not much on for Sports drive time and the Station could be killing it... instead it amateur hour with the same half drunk halfwit guys calling in all with stupid knick names ...

The Marshall

Juniors
How good is the 15 to 1 segment? I don't mind the actual call from the Oracle but why on earth do they let these muppets call in with the same players name over and over again. Yesterday they had the 15 best players that had played 2 positions and they literally had every caller spewing out the exact same names for 2 hours.....

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Actually had Adrian walked past me this morning. took all my willpower not to ask him how Des was going.

If you stopped Adrian and did ask him about the Bulldogs you would still be talking to him now. On Twitter it is the same tweet over...and over....and over again

Iafeta

Referee
How good is the 15 to 1 segment? I don't mind the actual call from the Oracle but why on earth do they let these muppets call in with the same players name over and over again. Yesterday they had the 15 best players that had played 2 positions and they literally had every caller spewing out the exact same names for 2 hours.....

"I'm sure he's already been mentioned, but just in case..."

Latest posts