What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Life's Good

Coach
I reckon it's a stitch up. Remember when they had one of their newsreaders read "and picked her up by the crotch like a bowling ball". I reckon they have huge misprints on the TelePrompTer. It's the only way their faux pas make any sense. I think it's deliberate black humour.
Its because they know we are listening......

Generalzod

Immortal
Sue calls up Leon Delaney and just blabs on and on the call finishes up with Leon saying what the hell was all that about....lol

Iafeta

Referee
Oh dear. Dopeys started already.

Gee Graeme, the Dragons might surprise a few teams this year.

They're coming first you moron! Catch up to the rest of us son.

images

Life's Good

Coach
What about the caller today ranting about the Qld only show on Fox. Says he doesn't like it. Tunksy asks him 'where are you from' Caller 'I was born in Sydney'. Tunksy 'Thats in Qld hahahahaha'. Right there and then I thought he made Robbo look like a brain surgeon. What a simpleton.
And why do I keep listening??

Iafeta

Referee
Heard both of those calls. Hughes was excellent when he called the Auckland Warriors. I could tolerate even Graeme Lowe because of how good Hughes was. He was seeeeennnnnsassatiooonal, ahhh shut the gates.

I agree about the Queensland show too. I watch the Matty Johns show and the games. The rest is bollocks. Particularly the broads hour, and the Derplander show.

Vic Mackey

Referee
That's a rarity Charl. I think I heard her too. She was good. She will be gone soon undoubtedly. The last one I heard couldn't string two words together. They are usually awful. How did they get a job? Are they from a dungeon or something because they have no idea about the outside world.

Salaries. I'm guessing Hughes $150k, Tunks $70k, Robertson $90k (isn't he sort of like the producer?), Papworth $60k. Hughes is probably the only one with any mainstream appeal because he was a very successful play by play man. These guys are part timers clearly.

I could be wrong, but I actually thought I heard years ago that they don't get paid? They purely do it for fun and all have other jobs?

Brutus

Referee
Did anyone hear that silly cow attempt to pronounce a simple name like Sam Burgess this afternoon.

Their news service is f**king woeful.

Iafeta

Referee
I would llllllioooovvvvveeee to have Blocker join the team. Him and Tunks would be busy picking nits out of each other's hair.

Lol how do you stuff up Sam Burgess.

Brutus

Referee
She said Sam bur guess.

Obviously has never heard the surname Burgess before.

We are dealing with 10 year olds it seems at the Super Network.

TonyT6

Bench
I could be wrong, but I actually thought I heard years ago that they don't get paid? They purely do it for fun and all have other jobs?
I worked with a bloke that used to produce the show, pretty sure Hughes buys the air time from the station and then gets all advertising revenue.

Life's Good

Coach
I worked with a bloke that used to produce the show, pretty sure Hughes buys the air time from the station and then gets all advertising revenue.
If that is the case it would explain the less than poor quality of the newsreaders, technical support(when music is played over callers)and the music itself. I can picture Gavin, with headset on, getting the all clear from Hughes to press play on a cassette with his old mans music in between segments. Because Gavin is off in fairy land, most of the show, he gets the timing wrong.

Latest posts