What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

no name

Coach
Heaps is calling the Souths v Dragons game at the SCG.

During his monologue, I was waiting for him to plug One Solutions.

Life's Good

Coach
Hughes on League Life tonight. He will be calling the Panthers v Cowboys game on Saturday. Hopefully the start of a full time return.
Outside of the 2SM tripe he is so much better.

Mr Saab

Referee
No. He was only meant to call round 22, but due to public feedback Steve Crawley has asked him to do round 23 cows vs panthers.
Who knows, this could lead into a permanent gig. There are rumours circulating Voss may go back to ch9 which would open up a spot on Foxsports.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's great that Hughes is getting another gig this week.
He was excellent last week and a breath of fresh air. I believe I read he is open to a return to game calling.
As for Brenton Speed, not only does he call NRL and AFL, but he also calls the A-League during the summer.
I actually think it takes a pretty skilled and talented person to be able to call 3 different football codes.
Speed goes ok IMO.

Life's Good

Coach
No. He was only meant to call round 22, but due to public feedback Steve Crawley has asked him to do round 23 cows vs panthers.
Who knows, this could lead into a permanent gig. There are rumours circulating Voss may go back to ch9 which would open up a spot on Foxsports.
Fortunately I don't have to put up with ch9 but if Vossy goes back there that would hopefully signal the end of Hardley. Might be the start of 9 getting their sh*t together.

undertaker

Coach
Graeme Hughes call tonight at Pepper Stadium has proven that it has been a complete waste of talent to see him hosting Talkin' Sport and taking phone calls from the likes of Kurt/Clem et al. since leaving Sky NZ in 2000. When he called in Retro Round at Brookvale Oval last year, I was really surprised it had taken Fox so long to give him a gig (albeit as one-off games), whilst during that period since he left Sky NZ, Fox have used Andy Raymond, Mark Braybrook, John McCoy and others as match callers.

Warren Smith, Andrew Voss & Graeme Hughes as Fox League callers next year would be a good line-up.

Another person who has been wasted talent since vanishing into RL media obscurity is Warren Boland. Can't believe ABC QLD shafted him and he can't even get a sideline commentary gig. Would much prefer to see him as sideline commentator rather than Jess Yates/Hannah Hollis/Corey Parker.

Fortunately I don't have to put up with ch9 but if Vossy goes back there that would hopefully signal the end of Hardley. Might be the start of 9 getting their sh*t together.
I think it was reported a few months ago that Hadley was leaving Ch9 at the end of this year. Could someone verify this?

It's great that Hughes is getting another gig this week.
He was excellent last week and a breath of fresh air. I believe I read he is open to a return to game calling.
As for Brenton Speed, not only does he call NRL and AFL, but he also calls the A-League during the summer.
I actually think it takes a pretty skilled and talented person to be able to call 3 different football codes.
Speed goes ok IMO.
Just because he calls 3 codes, doesn't mean he is skilled/talented calling all 3.

From what I have heard from him so far this season, his NRL calls have been average.

Some one should tell Bruiser that Czechoslovakia as a country doesn't exist...

He's 24 years out of sync with the real world.

Last edited:

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Hannah Hollis is very good. I have been watching closely the new talent employed at FOX and Yvonne Sampson and Hannah Hollis are standouts. We knew Sampson had proved herself at Nine but Hannah Hollis is a gem.

no name

Coach
Holy f**k, Fox are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Gav Robertson on Bill and Boz talking up GWS and old mate kicking the other bloke in the face.

Mr Saab

Referee
I thought we had seen the last of Robertson on TV after the death of the Skynews Sports show on ch601
But no, some brainiac decided to bring back Gavin on Bill and Boz. I watched 2 mins, fumble ball BS, apologist for Toby Greene.....switch off

no name

Coach
I thought we had seen the last of Robertson on TV after the death of the Skynews Sports show on ch601
But no, some brainiac decided to bring back Gavin on Bill and Boz. I watched 2 mins, fumble ball BS, apologist for Toby Greene.....switch off
But it's the framework of the game that all the past players worked hard for.
What the f**k does that even mean?
It was just wishy washy shit to justify him kicking him in the face.