What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Generalzod

Immortal
I tried to listen to it a couple of years ago, because I was desperate for some Rugby League content.

Besides all of the above gripes, which I agree with 100%. I was stunned by how badly the news reader spoke, and the "Traffic guy" seemed to speak in one long run-on-sentence-with-no-gaps-in-between-and-was-barely-legible.
Nothing has changed the news readers are still crap..

Mr Saab

Referee
2SM finally got a news reader who can actually pronounce words. Geoff Field. Ex 2day FM reader for Kyle Jackie O.
I will miss Ashleeeeeeey Miiiiiiiilllls

Brutus

Referee
2SM finally got a news reader who can actually pronounce words. Geoff Field. Ex 2day FM reader for Kyle Jackie O.
I will miss Ashleeeeeeey Miiiiiiiilllls

First male newsreader since Sartian Finglesteinhauserweinwarter.

Tiger5150

Bench
I was shocked when the news was read professionally, sure enough an hour later one of the girls was back and back to the usual standard.

Generalzod

Immortal
First male newsreader since Sartian Finglesteinhauserweinwarter.
2ky outsourced their news service to 2SM a few months of people complaining on the big sports breakfast the likes of Sartian was never heard of again on 2ky, 2ky changed their news provider to Macquarie News group.

TonyT6

Bench
Haven't heard from Darren or Phill for a while now......
While Darren sounds as dumb as the characters from Dad and Dave, he is very committed to his bunnies. He rung up once to say he drove to Melbourne to watch Souths under 20's in a semi & then come straight back. They lost 42-0!!!

Brutus

Referee
While Darren sounds as dumb as the characters from Dad and Dave, he is very committed to his bunnies. He rung up once to say he drove to Melbourne to watch Souths under 20's in a semi & then come straight back. They lost 42-0!!!

Then during one of the semis in 2014 they asked him if it was at the ground already and he said he was at work instead.

TonyT6

Bench
Some old bloke rung up today to ask Hughes "are Parramattta playing at Cumberland oval next year"... I honestly don't know where they get these dimwits.

Generalzod

Immortal
Darren has gone through a rough patch I believe.

Souths and footy thru and thru.

You could/can meet him at games. Good bloke.
Mad Hatter i remember Darren calling Graham after Souths won their premiership how great the feeling was he also stated that he wished that Cronulla get to win a premiership for their fans, i always remembered that.

Latest posts