What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Manly

That was a poor play from him, and is one of the major reasons I struggle to rate him as a halfback, game management which he lacks

But credit where it is due, I don't rate his kicking game at all and he produced pretty well in that area tonight, and those 2 tries he created were created with hands rather than footwork

You will find it was the bogged grounds that got him to that so called good kicking level. He needs to be exposed for not taking control on end of sets esp kicking on the 4th shit we got in our system. I think Princess and McFadden lost us this game for pretty obvious reasons. The rain helped him look good

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
You will find it was the bogged grounds that got him to that so called good kicking level. He needs to be exposed for not taking control on end of sets esp kicking on the 4th shit we got in our system. I think Princess and McFadden lost us this game for pretty obvious reasons. The rain helped him look good

Very unfair in my opinion. He got us multiple repeat sets, got his hands on the ball, set up a couple tries. Clearly still playing through injury to be out there for his teammates and try to help us into the finals, pretty far from princess mode I'd say.

I will concede that the end of the game was a bit of a clusterf**k. If you want a scapegoat it's cappy and cappy only with shit team selections for the conditions.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Sorry for the multiple posts but have a couple more things to get off my chest.

1. Who else at 12-0 had feelings of a 30+ hiding? Hopefully it's a thing of the past and shows that we are building some mental strength.

2. Anyone else noticing Mannering making a lot of errors lately (not multiple per game but at least once a match at crucial times)? Pushed pass, crucial drop. Defensively he is almost perfect but in attack lately he's been a bit hit and miss.

3. WTF happened to Ben's offloads?

vvvrulz

Coach
Sorry for the multiple posts but have a couple more things to get off my chest.

1. Who else at 12-0 had feelings of a 30+ hiding? Hopefully it's a thing of the past and shows that we are building some mental strength.

2. Anyone else noticing Mannering making a lot of errors lately (not multiple per game but at least once a match at crucial times)? Pushed pass, crucial drop. Defensively he is almost perfect but in attack lately he's been a bit hit and miss.

3. WTF happened to Ben's offloads?

Agreed on all three

Guess Ben has given up since nobody bothers to shadow him

jaseg

Juniors
3 Matulino - he came on and the flow of the game changed after we were getting smashed up the middle early.
2 Hoffman - big game.
1 Fusitua - looked dangerous if not quite getting the end product.

hm. Luke, Johnson, Bunty

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Quite happy for Ben to pull the offloads in in those conditions as long as he brings then out again on a dry track. I thought the ball control was pretty decent all round considering it would've been slippery as a greased eel out there.

Meth

Staff member
Quite happy for Ben to pull the offloads in in those conditions as long as he brings then out again on a dry track. I thought the ball control was pretty decent all round considering it would've been slippery as a greased eel out there.

yes, same.

The game wasn't suited to offloads (or drop goals) from props

Very unfair in my opinion. He got us multiple repeat sets, got his hands on the ball, set up a couple tries. Clearly still playing through injury to be out there for his teammates and try to help us into the finals, pretty far from princess mode I'd say.

I will concede that the end of the game was a bit of a clusterf**k. If you want a scapegoat it's cappy and cappy only with shit team selections for the conditions.

Fair points mate. I just get annoyed with Johnson not taking the game by the scruff at the final stages more often than not (He has proven he can break a game here and there just not frequent enough for his experience) His kicking for force drop outs was spot on though it was all undone with stupid errors or no clue on the last play (sometimes 4th tackle) in the red zone. He handled the ball once in some sets in the attacking zones just way under par for someone of his ability and experience. (In most cases this is below par for any 1st grade HB) The drop kick that got charged down was sluggish and he just needed to run the line to draw the HB and Centre in then pass to Marshmallow for the try. Just misses that final nail in the coffin killer instinct most times but hope he can pick that up when he heals more

I hated the smug look that merkin DCE gave when landed the field goal. I like Manly but he just has a face you wanna smash

And 100% agreed Cappy and his selections of genius cost us that game. He f**ken knows it! The boys put in

3. Matulino
2. Afoa
1. Fus

HM: Lolohea for waiting it out for 81 minutes

DM: Cappy for leaving Manu on and Marshmallow not being in 2nd Row or Sub. Go forward is pointless if the Golden Child still isn't firing on all cylinders and with all that in the equation Lolohea still gets snubbed lol This will make the best super coach blunders of all time. How moronic can one be?

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Isaac Luke

Luke 36
Afoa 27
Johnson 14

Matulino 12
Fusitua 9
Hoffman 4
Maumalo 3
Lisone 2
Leuluai 1