What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Rabbitohs

Meth

Staff member
A lot to like

3- RTS. Deserves to get points, but I think it was his leadership that made him my top pick. We looked more composed and he get's credit for that.

2- Papalii. Toss up between him, Harris and Afoa- who covered for Mannering superbly.

1- Johnson. And Green's effect looks very promising

HM- Harris, Afoa, Fusitua, Green

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1- Corvo. It all started with a team that look lean, fit and hungry
2- Kearney. We looked well coached! Who’dve thought it?
3- Everyone else for obviously buying into it and playing as a team

I’m not even going to give Kata a minus because while the sin bin was shitty it only cost us six points and he actually did a fair bit of good still out there today.

I’m Just glad I have a leather couch or I’d never get the jism stains out of it.

Meth

Staff member
Honestly, my favourite moment was when RTS has them breathing in and breathing out in the huddle. Perfect. He knows that the Warriors can lose their heads and he took some time to settle and refocus them. And it showed. Tonight, at least

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Honestly, my favourite moment was when RTS has them breathing in and breathing out in the huddle. Perfect. He knows that the Warriors can lose their heads and he took some time to settle and refocus them. And it showed. Tonight, at least

Yep. So many little details like that that looked so, so good today. Cut the penalty count and I’ll dare to dream that this could be a very good season.

JJ

Immortal
1- Corvo. It all started with a team that look lean, fit and hungry
2- Kearney. We looked well coached! Who’dve thought it?
3- Everyone else for obviously buying into it and playing as a team

I’m not even going to give Kata a minus because while the sin bin was shitty it only cost us six points and he actually did a fair bit of good still out there today.

I’m Just glad I have a leather couch or I’d never get the jism stains out of it.
It's been a while but we have actually won games before...

Iafeta

Referee
3 Johnson
2 Harris
1 Luke

Great performances also from Afoa (best game in first grade, massive step up from him), Papali'i (brutal at times defensively), RTS who was all class, Green who controlled things brilliantly and I thought one error aside Ken Maumalo was good.

That first 20 minutes where they got a ton of penalties (that they weren't calling for us), set the tone for the game, and hopefully the season. That tackle from RTS was world class but I loved how the team kept grinding

Most satisfying win in years TBF

Cold Roses

Juniors
Most satisfying win in years TBF

Can't think of anything from the last couple of years that even comes close. The Penrith and Manly games from last year would have got me there but, wouldn't ya know, we crashed and burned in them both.

3: SJ
2: Green
1: RTS

Hard to pick, Fus class, Luke great, Forwards solid.

Need to get penalties out of the game.
Not all teams will make the mistakes Bunnies did today.
Good start but plenty still to do.

Meth

Staff member
Round 1 and they were up for it.

They got some tough calls and they didn’t capitulate.

They made the most of their opportunities.

With no Mannering.

Can’t believe it

Rich102

Staff member
For their influence on the game
3. Green Directed well and gave SJ the room to pick his runs. Huge influence. May be the buy of the season.

2. Luke. Playing for pride. His best game for us and showed his leadership abilities.

1. Papalii. Huge effort. Showed what hard work can achieve.

HM's to all the rest. Kata actually passed the ball. RTS was great. Ken held the ball. Fusitua looked hungry. SJ looked good. Harris was busy and organised.

Special mention to Corvo. He got them to buy into the fitness thing.

A lot to look forward to.

Big Marn

Juniors
3 Luke Best game in years. 9 runs. one on one strip. excellent
2 RTS set the tone for the game with try saving tackle.
1 Green doing what he was bought to do, Control the game and unleash SJ. 40-20 during the sin bin was gold

Too many HMs though Papaali was also excellent. maybe there should be a 5-4-3-2-1
Not sure what Blair did for the team except cause disruption to a well oiled machine in the second half with his penalties and general dirt. Jury out on whether he is actually benefitting the team On the field. Maybe hes an Off field asset?

ozbash

Referee
Not sure what Blair did for the team except cause disruption to a well oiled machine in the second half with his penalties and general dirt. Jury out on whether he is actually benefitting the team On the field. Maybe hes an Off field asset?

Agree... some of the stuff he did was bloody dumb.. the leg pull was just plain stupid.

Blair

Coach
...The Penrith and Manly games from last year would have got me there but, wouldn't ya know, we crashed and burned in them both.

That now reminds me of that Herbs' classic, Long Ago (was so long ago)...

As for the present:

3. Green
2. Papali'i
1. Johnson