What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

Blair

Coach
In the build up i noticed that Green is the only Aussie in the team. Is this the lowest amount of aussies we have had

I thought 2003 was light but then I saw: Marsh, Tookey, Villasanti, Murphy, Webb, and Carlaw.

If we've only got one Aussie currently playing then that's surely no coincidence. Despite denials to the contrary (i.e. from Doyle) this is the vibe I've picked up on in recent years: an all Kiwi line-up.

Although, we have a feeling Green will have either Beale or Ayshford to sing Waltzing Matilda with before too long.

And Gavet, although playing for NZ, has always struck me as Aussie. He'll walk back into the side after the team's performance last night.

JJ

Immortal
I thought 2003 was light but then I saw: Marsh, Tookey, Villasanti, Murphy, Webb, and Carlaw.

If we've only got one Aussie currently playing then that's surely no coincidence. Despite denials to the contrary (i.e. from Doyle) this is the vibe I've picked up on in recent years: an all Kiwi line-up.

Although, we have a feeling Green will have either Beale or Ayshford to sing Waltzing Matilda with before too long.

And Gavet, although playing for NZ, has always struck me as Aussie. He'll walk back into the side after the team's performance last night.
Beale's a kiwi?

Ayshford should be in the team ASAP IMO but doubt that'll happen

Blair

Coach
Beale's a kiwi?...

Either way R & S is right, it's never been so light on Aussies in our team. Although, he did ask whether this is the case but I'd believe so. Have a look at the 97-99 sides, they might be the only era that's similar to now in this regard.

It's all good if we're all Kiwis, as long as it works on the field.

Beale's a kiwi?

Ayshford should be in the team ASAP IMO but doubt that'll happen

Ayshford is out with a back problem.
No confirmed date of return.

Casualty ward.

Gerard Beale — Broken leg — Round 10

Shaun Johnson — Groin — Round 9

Blake Ayshford — Back — TBC

Nathaniel Roache — Back — Season

Leivaha Pulu — Ankle — Round 20

Solomone Kata — Leg — Round 9

Junior Pauga — Knee — Mid-season

Tohu Harris — concussion — Round 9

Issac Luke — Knee — TBC

Blair

Coach
Ayshford is out with a back problem.
No confirmed date of return.

Casualty ward.

Gerard Beale — Broken leg — Round 10

Shaun Johnson — Groin — Round 9

Blake Ayshford — Back — TBC

Nathaniel Roache — Back — Season

Leivaha Pulu — Ankle — Round 20

Solomone Kata — Leg — Round 9

Junior Pauga — Knee — Mid-season

Tohu Harris — concussion — Round 9

Issac Luke — Knee — TBC

Our 'scrambling D' taking its toll?

On another note, before the Broncos game I heard the commentators say the (Akl) CBD was 'full of Warriors jerseys and scarves, they're definitely the hottest ticket in town!'

What are we next weekend, just a pretty good night out?

Meth

Staff member
Will do this later today when I get back into NZ.

So, final call

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Roger Tuivasa Sheck

Tuivasa Sheck 36
Vete 12
Fusitu'a 8

Blair 5
Luke 2
Lisone 2
Tevaga 1

12 voted

Dalley M points

STORM v WARRIORS

Judge: Danny Buderus

3 - Billy Slater

2 - Josh Addo-Carr

1 - Nelson Asofa-Solomona

Surprisingly no Warriors got points.
Wonder if Danny was at the game or watches the full replay??? :)

Latest posts