What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Roosters

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - RTS (did everything right behind a well beaten team)
2 - Fusitua (only player who really looked threatening)
1 - Mannering (was busy when he came on and actually created some half chances)

But not really much cause for joy there, tough day at the office

TheDMC

Bench
3. RTS
2. Passi
1. Mannering

That was utter mud.

So if Lino is out, who is next cab off the rank? Maybe we need RTS to take the number 7 until SJ/Lino is back and CNK to fullback? I reckon RTS would go very well there.

As an aside, I'm really not a fan of Tevaga. Reckon he runs around like a headless chook with absolutely no game plan nous.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So if Lino is out, who is next cab off the rank? Maybe we need RTS to take the number 7 until SJ/Lino is back and CNK to fullback? I reckon RTS would go very well there.

As an aside, I'm really not a fan of Tevaga. Reckon he runs around like a headless chook with absolutely no game plan nous.

Green to #7 and Harris to #6 I’d assume. I agree on Tevaga, he’s busy but ineffective to my eyes. Can be ok when he comes on as a bench forward and just runs the ball but he has too many errors in him and his dummy half service is awful.

morningstar

Juniors
3. RTS
2. Paasi
1. Maumalo

Bad day at the office, but the worst thing was how the Roosters bullied us. 2012-2017 softcock pack flashbacks.

That has to be Lisone’s final strike. 70+ first grade games of ineptitude.

Tevaga just isnt good enough for this level. Trys his heart out but invariably takes the wrong option or f**ks up by having delusions of grandeur about his skillset.

hitro

Juniors
RTS-solid all day
Paasi-brave and unlucky with that head clash, could have been a different game but for that
Mannering-got some offloads away with accuracy
OK the Warriors got bullied and now every team will copy that plan, they need to get ready for that, Gavet is our psycho and needs to detonate in that sort of game, I guess the next guy for dirty is Blair but he didn't get angry until the end
I hope we play the Roosters again this season and come to the game with a siege mentality to beat them up

3: Maumalo: no handling errors, most post contact meters, 122m, diffused bombs, hung out to dry by Kata in defense.
2: RTS: a critical handling error and couldn't get team back on track as captain. Showed lots of energy, but couldn't execute.
1: Passi: 101m, no errors or penalties

Shit hands let us down.
Couldn't execute a set play.
Our centres/edge found out again in defense.

jaseg

Juniors
3 RTS - easy
2 Mannering?
1 Lawton? We looked a bit better around the ruck when he was on, at least

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1 Lawton? We looked a bit better around the ruck when he was on, at least

Agree on that. I think we need to look at putting Sam Cook on the bench next week and dropping Tevaga. We need a quality dummy half on the field at all times. We’ve turned to mud every time Luke has been absent except when Lawton came on last week.

sup42

Juniors
3. Paasi. We had parity till he was forced off. Hitro like runs...dam he is fast...no wonder he gets used in the Centers as cover. Napa put that HIA shot on him....Paasi came back on and put a big shot on the Roosters....we were winning the battle in the middle till we lost him.

2. RTS. plenty been said about why.

1. Lawton. Have to have two forwards in the voting because our forwards were closer in the contest than our backs....Same as Paasi....when Lawton went off it was good night nurse.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1. Lawton. Have to have two forwards in the voting because our forwards were closer in the contest than our backs....Same as Paasi....when Lawton went off it was good night nurse.

I thought our back 3 were good but our centres and halves got absolutely schooled in defence.

sup42

Juniors
I thought our back 3 were good but our centres and halves got absolutely schooled in defence.
I thought our back three were good, but I thought our forwards were the group that enjoyed better than an even reply to the Roosters...up front we dominated in parts...I didn't see any of our backs dominating....more keeping pace.

ozbash

Referee
3 Paasi
2 Bunty
1 RTS

The halves pairing reminded me of much of last season.. 1 keen and one didn't know/didn't want to know wtf was going on..

Well played chooks.

Rich102

Staff member
3. RTS
2. Paasi
1. Maumalo

Bad day at the office, but the worst thing was how the Roosters bullied us. 2012-2017 softcock pack flashbacks.

That has to be Lisone’s final strike. 70+ first grade games of ineptitude.

Tevaga just isnt good enough for this level. Trys his heart out but invariably takes the wrong option or f**ks up by having delusions of grandeur about his skillset.

X 2.

Big Marn

Juniors
3 Paasi
2 RTS
1 Bunty

Generally its the same ones making critical errors, Kata, Lisone, Hiku. Be interesting to see what happens now that Beale and Ayshford have had a run under their belt in the Reserves.

Agree about Paasi going off at the wrong time. We had parity in the forwards and then we lost a big and Mannering came on. I think Kearney erred there. He should have brought on Gavet for a straight big swap as the Roosters were muscling up. Mannering switch could have happened a bit later.

Another turning point for me was 0-2 down mid way thru first half and Kata knocked on going for the try. Was going to be a goal line dropout but VR had to have their 2 cents worth. ><. After that it was like the Roosters were running downhill for the rest of the game.

Flush the Dunny on that game and pray for Lukes healing powers.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
3. Paasi - courage and power. I bet he ended a few bullies 'careers' in the schoolyard. He went off and the bullies smiled again.

2. Sheck - class.

1. Lawton - didn't do much wrong. He was working a bullied pack, it's hard to see attacking ability in those circumstances.

HM Mann. I'm keeping the faith.

Is Kata being told to rush out on D, because the coach has little faith in him waiting for the attack to come to him? If so, that's a serious indictment on his basic ability in this area.

Latest posts