What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v New Zealand at Melbourne on Dec 9, 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dead rubber match

Expecting us to rest a couple of test players. Maxy will probably get a run

We hold the Chappell-Hadlee trophy for now (a rarity). But expect us to return it back to NZ in the return leg over there after our summer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
f**k Maxy, he doesn't deserve a run much like Head doesn't deserve to be dropped. Rather see Zampa have another run too.

As long as they dont rest Cummins but no doubt they will rest Starc and Haze but I really hope they dont, 30 overs a week isn't too much to ask and how do you keep your match fitness if you dont play matches.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd say starc and haze will be rested.
Not because they need to rest the fast bowlers but because they will.

For a better team I'd bring in the show for Bailey and zampa for Faulkner. Finch should be gone too.

We'll still beat the blick ceps.

Bazal

Post Whore
I wouldn't rest Starc and Haze but I agree they probably will.

Warner
Finch (only because they won't drop him and add someone to the squad for one game IMO)
Smith
Cartwright
Head
Maxwell
Marsh
Wade
Faulkner (clearly needs some bowling)
Cummins
Zampa

They didn't really carry any spare bowlers in the squad so if they do rest Haze and Starc I think Maxwell and Cartwright have to come in personally. Plus what better opportunity to blood young Cartwright?

JJ

Immortal
Bugger for us, Australia have become really good in dead rubbers

2 weeks

Coach
No better time to experiment than in a dead rubber after a devastating series win.

Maxwell
Warner
Smith
Head
Marsh
Cartwright
Wade
Faulkner
Cummins
Zampa

2 weeks

Coach
We just won by 100 odd, 10 should be enough.

If you are worried throw Starc in there.

JJ

Immortal
only when we've lost the series

you should romp this one in ;)

We're stuffed then - tbh given the squad we have I am surprised Aussie fans weren't more confident throughout

Hey at least give us the first three deliveries.

Yep, 3 at least... they did rebuild again though, then collapsed. But yeah, Baz's ballistics come off and we're right in it, Starc gets him in the first over and we're stuffed... fun though

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Recipe for NZ success

Preheat oven to 220C,place Aaron Redmond on a baking tray lined with baking paper

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw his wickets, a bit of late swing with the pink ball at dusk, ball was doing a bit too.

He could make life a bit tricky in those conditions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Game on

Gut feeling says we are gonna relax, kiwis to get up in an easy win

Both Maxy and Hilton to play, nothing surer