What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: New Zealand v South Africa on Feb 25, 2017 - SA WON BY 159 RUNS

Iafeta

Referee
I feel for Latham. Has been asked to keep and his batting has fallen apart. Would like to see him get a gig but as a batsman only. Clear his head and focus on his batting.

Iafeta

Referee
Man this is frustrating. Bloke is in good form, let's put the gloves on him. Why experiment with a guy in good form? Gavin Larsen give yourself an upper cut.

JJ

Immortal
Taylor and Williamson... run out is on
Mainly because of Taylor. Remiscient of Crowe and Jones

Latham has to play for Canterbury and Ronchi keep. Phillips is the longer term answer Doull pumping for Blundell who's a numpty by comparison is reminiscent of Warne's agendas

vvvrulz

Coach
My god... only Ross Taylor can come straight off a ton and be this scratchy and hopeless

vvvrulz

Coach
How good is this Phehlukwayo-Pretorious bowling partnership?

Medium pace, line and length, 3 wickets and an economy to make Gavin Larsen blush
It's not all about charging in at express

JJ

Immortal
I'm not a big fan of Dutchy but him batting below Santner is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen

vvvrulz

Coach
All our depth is bad, we are half the team from the World Cup.

Guptill, Taylor, KW and Boult are our truly good players

JJ

Immortal
Jesus we get dark pretty quickly on one poor game

RSA are a fine ODI team,easily the best going around and they smashed us. Series is 2:1 last I checked and the first two games were closed

Iafeta

Referee
When's Guppy back btw?

Look I think the way they've managed the keeping situation is poor...

Blundell, gets called in and then barely plays
Phillips bolts into open against SA
Latham goes well with the bat and then falls off a cliff when asked to keep
Ronchi gets an extended spell despite 18 months of failures

For me, it's all to cover Neesham who is in the team as an all rounder, but whom they now have no confidence to bowl.

JJ

Immortal
Blundell is ordinary, Phillips not experienced enough for this crowd

Got to have Ronchi in, Latham to domestic cricket and Guptill back.

I like Broom but he's the one to go I imagine, Neesham is a good international bat IMO

Iafeta

Referee
He had a great tour of India, did well against Bangers, I think Latham stays. Ronchi comes in but he's on a short leash. Can't buy a run internationally. Living on reputation.

Guptill, Ronchi and I dare say Patel in. Out go Brownlie, Ferguson and either Broom or Neesham.