What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia vs South Africa in Sydney

Evolution

Juniors
spot the Victorian

Mcdonaldud should never be picked again

Spot the sad New South Welshman, wasting all his time thinking up oh so witty names and not paying attention to the game.
McDonald 3/73 off 35 over’s.
Bollinger 2/131 off 45 over’s.
Not only did McDonald happen to get more wickets than Bollinger he bowled a tight line which was what he team has been missing with Clark out. You know building pressure up from the one end which allows wickets to be taken at the other. Oh and for the fact that he scored 15 runs well it was his first innings, give him some time because by your standards that "dud" hussy never should have gotten another test.
But hey let your irrational hate of Victorians get in the way of the truth but don't worry you have witty names to amuse yourself with.

Johnson has a very bright future but atm he has a LONG way to go. Very innacurate.

He worked his tits off this series and did a great job in Perth but our lack of a genuine strike bowler was obvious and is why we lost the series.

If we have Clark playing and Lee fully fit it's a different scenario.

Firstly, can i suggest reading exactly what i was replying to before jumping in and embarassing yourself. BTW that reply was in regard to Ponting's captaincy.

But we didn't have Clark and Lee in this test so we have to do with second best. If Mitchell had some support then we would have won the Perth test hence the series so if you blame him then clearly you have NFI.

Evolution

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bloody hell...there's constructive criticism (his lack of swing, for eg) then there's plain old biased idiocy. Ask the three blokes he had LBW but for Bowden, or the guys edging him all over the shop (especially the two missed by Hayden) and the guys he actually got out if he "troubled" them :lol:

Everyone edges balls. Siddle had quite a few as well do you see me crying about it?

The possibility of one good ball an over does not trouble them if all the rest can be left as they are a mile of target.

Like I said before McDonald took up the Clark role of holding down one end with tight line to line bowling and building pressure which Australia have missed. Lee, Johnson and Bollinger can not be relied apon to hit the wickets as the ball is 10 times more likley to spray wide as even look like hitting the stumps.

McDonald makes them play every ball or risk an LBW, bowled or lollypop a catch.

Bollinger managed to forced them to hit maybe one ball on over if they decided not to chase trash bowled wide.

Bazal

Post Whore
Everyone edges balls. Siddle had quite a few as well do you see me crying about it?

The possibility of one good ball an over does not trouble them if all the rest can be left as they are a mile of target.

Like I said before McDonald took up the Clark role of holding down one end with tight line to line bowling and building pressure which Australia have missed. Lee, Johnson and Bollinger can not be relied apon to hit the wickets as the ball is 10 times more likley to spray wide as even look like hitting the stumps.

Bollinger managed to forced them to hit maybe one ball on over if they decided not to chase trash bowled wide.

No wonder Victorians have a bad name in here. You're a lost cause. What a load of dribble

HevyDevy

Coach
Firstly, can i suggest reading exactly what i was replying to before jumping in and embarassing yourself. BTW that reply was in regard to Ponting's captaincy.

But we didn't have Clark and Lee in this test so we have to do with second best. If Mitchell had some support then we would have won the Perth test hence the series so if you blame him then clearly you have NFI.
And if you don't want to embarrass yourself you would notice that I complimented Johnson for both his effort and his potential.

Do you think he is good enough atm to lead the attack Rocky? I'm not saying it's his fault that he is in that predicament but is he good enough?

HevyDevy

Coach

Whoa, slow down mate. If you keep drinking at that rate you'll have a wicked hangover in the morning.

HevyDevy

Coach
Actually Evo, I think McDonald performed quite well overall.

It's just that, despite that, I don't really see him as a long-term Test player. I can't see him destroying anyone with either bat or ball.

And if you don't want to embarrass yourself you would notice that I complimented Johnson for both his effort and his potential.

Do you think he is good enough atm to lead the attack Rocky? I'm not saying it's his fault that he is in that predicament but is he good enough?

So this is your complement!:crazy:

by hevydevy
he has a LONG way to go

Do you think he is good enough atm to lead the attack Rocky?

No but he is a part of our strongest attack in Clark, Lee and Johnson.

shiznit

Coach
You have every right to criticise but people on here go completly overboard eg questioning Hussey's spot in the team
Ponting said it the other day on the Cricket show about people critisising his captaincy they're not out on the field they don't know what he is trying to achieve by setting his fields or changing his bowlers
some of the most vocal critics of punters captaincy were ex Australian captains... are you saying they dont know what its like being out there calling the shots?

HevyDevy

Coach
No he isn't. Bracken should be there. Noffke is an option. Hilfy. And Bollinger was on debut.

And f**k yes, he does have a long way to go.

If this is the best we're going to get from Johnson then he certainly isn't going to become the great bowler that Lillee predicted.

Evolution

Juniors
Actually Evo, I think McDonald performed quite well overall.

It's just that, despite that, I don't really see him as a long-term Test player. I can't see him destroying anyone with either bat or ball.

My hope are not high that he will be able to play for Australia again as I think he will be kicked out in a second if someone else comes up. I will say he definatly did not discrase himself in this test.

He still performed well in his first game and has earned the right to get another chance. He should at least be allowed to play in the one day games.

He has the skills and should be allowed a little time to show them. One innings does not make him a bad bowler.

I will still fight he bowled better than Bollinger.

No wonder Victorians have a bad name in here. You're a lost cause. What a load of dribble

Whoa, slow down mate. If you keep drinking at that rate you'll have a wicked hangover in the morning.

wow what great comebacks.

Did you hurt yourself thinking them up?

Maybe people need to go to extreams when there irrational hatered of players from one state blind them to how they performed, no matter how good they were.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
My hope are not high that he will be able to play for Australia again as I think he will be kicked out in a second if someone else comes up. I will say he definatly did not discrase himself in this test.

He still performed well in his first game and has earned the right to get another chance. He should at least be allowed to play in the one day games.

He has the skills and should be allowed a little time to show them. One innings does not make him a bad bowler.

Maybe people need to go to extreams when other irrational hatered of players from one state blind them to how they perform, no matter how good they were.

lol. We have both, at different stages, explained that McDonald is a good cricketer. I personally don't believe he is a Test cricketer, but he filled in ably. You're the one displaying irrationality in your so called arguments, and have done so ever since saying the bowler who created the most chances apart from Siddle was ineffective and didn't trouble the batsmen, purely so you could then turn it into a situation where you used McDonald's figures in some kind of attempt to show up Bollinger.

HevyDevy

Coach

Maybe people need to go to extreams when there irrational hatered of players from one state blind them to how they performed, no matter how good they were.

Hatred of players?

FMD - I was joking around there mate but if you want it to be an argument then we'll go there. Learn to spell and ffs start paying attention to what people actually type.

No he isn't. Bracken should be there. Noffke is an option. Hilfy. And Bollinger was on debut.

And f**k yes, he does have a long way to go.

If this is the best we're going to get from Johnson then he certainly isn't going to become the great bowler that Lillee predicted.

lol..if Mitchell has a long way to go then what do you say about Bracken. Do you realize one-day cricket and test matches are totally different?

HevyDevy

Coach
Do you realise Bracken is the top ODI bowler in the world? Is he suddenly inept in the longer version of the game? He is a vastly improved bowler from the one that last bowled in a Test match.

Evolution

Juniors
lol. We have both, at different stages, explained that McDonald is a good cricketer. I personally don't believe he is a Test cricketer, but he filled in ably. You're the one displaying irrationality in your so called arguments, and have done so ever since saying the bowler who created the most chances apart from Siddle was ineffective and didn't trouble the batsmen, purely so you could then turn it into a situation where you used McDonald's figures in some kind of attempt to show up Bollinger.

Maybe I should have made myself more clear, he didn’t trouble the batsmen OFTEN enough, yes he had a few chances but from a frontline bowler you would expect more than one chance every other over followed by a quite a few balls either too wide of off stump or down the leg side that don’t force the batsman to play.
And in fact I wasn’t trying to “show up” Bollinger I was using his stats to show how well McDonald preformed during the test, being a part time bowler and all.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yes evolution and I think we both agreed that he did a solid job.

By the way, how many wickets did Siddle take on debut?