What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 1 - Australia v New Zealand

gypsy

Bench
JT's big hook on his kicks seems to have left him lately...he's too used to allowing for it by aiming outside the right post...and they're just not coming back as much of late

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
What an absolute coward Marshall is. The kiwis must be pretty pissed with him tonight.

They've defended great for the most part, but 2 absolute pansy efforts by Marshall on Williams means they are still down by 3 tries.

He seriously just let him walk through on that try. Don't like doing the tough stuff Benji? Maybe they should tell him Williams thinks Lockyer's better than him

:lol:

langpark

First Grade
Yeah marshall was terrible on the Williams try, if you're gonna go high on a guy like that, it should only be to make a play at the ball. Real turning point that was...

no name

Coach
Have to say Williams has been much better for Australia than I thought he would.

Not sure why he passed that though, nearly screwed it up. Thanks again Marshall.

Have to agree with this. He hasn't really had much in front of him though. I still get the feeling he will be a flash in the pan, but happy for him to prove me wrong.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Williams try he had no control and the 2nd try off the back of bullshit Smith penalty. Yuck.

Plus they need to move Benji in defense.

Danish

Referee
While ever Marshall is in the side, Williams will have a place in the test arena by the looks of it.

Kerney needs to do something and quickly about Marshall if he doesn't want another whitewash. They'll keep strolling through him all night

counterpuncher

Juniors
Surely the Kiwis can't pull another final miracle out of the hat this time around?This current lineup just doesn't look at all cohesive. Marshall is in terrible form, Foran isn't getting involved....

I'll deadset eat my keyboard if they get anywhere near Australia in this tournament.

Izz

Bench
Gah. McIvor and Halligan commentary duo for us in NZ. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

And Marshall has been terrible.

hitman82

Bench
NZ trying valiantly in D then collapsing to soft barge over tries.
Marshall is a LIABILITY in defense and is not making up for it in attack.
Foran is pretty much invisible in attack.
The forwards are a going alright but our backs just aren't good enough to match Australia. The Kangaroos aren't even playing that well, but still comfortably winning.

30 - 10 pick looking good right now.

langpark

First Grade
On a positive note, looks like a full house... I hope they get their monies worth in the 2nd half...

hitman82

Bench
What an absolute coward Marshall is. The kiwis must be pretty pissed with him tonight.

They've defended great for the most part, but 2 absolute pansy efforts by Marshall on Williams means they are still down by 3 tries.

He seriously just let him walk through on that try. Don't like doing the tough stuff Benji? Maybe they should tell him Williams thinks Lockyer's better than him

Pretty much. Benji looks scared to tackle, panicking and being completely ineffective.

NRLMad

Juniors
Surely the Kiwis can't pull another final miracle out of the hat this time around?This current lineup just doesn't look at all cohesive. Marshall is in terrible form, Foran isn't getting involved....

I'll deadset eat my keyboard if they get anywhere near Australia in this tournament.

I agree. Foran is yet to emerge from his shadow. He needs to take more control. NZ look to be quite nervous in attack... Moi Moi shouldn't be in the team - either should Warea Hargreaves. I would add Glenn in.

I think it has a lot to do with the refereeing. If Bentham takes control of the game & doesn't award 5050s to Australia it gives the opposition a chance. Especially considering they are up, I would allow the other team to come back into the game with a little bit of leniency.

1. Bump on Thurston penalty. Ridiculous. A nothing play. refs were not able to decide if it was a penatly.
2. Scott knocked the ball on in a play the ball.

Australia are holding NZ down quite a lot more than vice versa.

user_nat

Coach
Commentators have no idea. First it was a rushed kick by NZ, then it was a dangerous tackle when it was the tackler being thrown.