What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 3 - Wales v NZ

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Past results for Wales vs NZ:
Wales 22 NZ 50
Wales 18 NZ 58

So you have to be happy with 36-0. Gee if they play more regular matches against the big nations, you can only see them improving.

Surely the recent results by Wales and France will encourage England to play end of year tests against them regularly.

deluded pom?

Coach
Surely the recent results by Wales and France will encourage England to play end of year tests against them regularly.

Totally agree klf and to make it as competitive as possible then England should play away from home for the forseeable future until France and Wales are really giving them a game.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
oh gimme a break!

This whole 'momentum' myth was a phil gould invention a few years ago in trying to justify matt king's gridiron pass in Origin as being legit... Trying to make a black and white situation grey, when it suits his team of course...

Agreed on the momentum crap. It's a Gould beatup just like the Luke third man in crap.
Pass the ball backwards. Easy.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Totally agree klf and to make it as competitive as possible then England should play away from home for the forseeable future until France and Wales are really giving them a game.

Are the UK countries still going to tour as GB from time to time? I see GB sie as an important way of keeping the pathways open for top level internationals for players that choice Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

TommyGun

Juniors
oh gimme a break!

This whole 'momentum' myth was a phil gould invention a few years ago in trying to justify matt king's gridiron pass in Origin as being legit... Trying to make a black and white situation grey, when it suits his team of course...

The 'momentum' theory isnt actually a myth. If the player passing the ball is moving forward it may leave the hands backwards but float forward as it has the original velocity of the passer. If however the person is standing still and passes it backwards then it will not float forward unless wind assisted. I dont think a pass that is backwards out of the hands can go 20 metres forward though as someone stated before.

typicalfan

Coach
Agreed on the momentum crap. It's a Gould beatup just like the Luke third man in crap.
Pass the ball backwards. Easy.
Yeah totally made up. So what if it is strongly supported by evidence and scientific theory. Yep just in our heads.

Gravity as well, total make believe.

roughyedspud

Coach
Are the UK countries still going to tour as GB from time to time? I see GB sie as an important way of keeping the pathways open for top level internationals for players that choice Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

GB are'nt going to be touring anytime soon

and wales,scotland & ireland players have a pathway to top level inernationals......its called the european cup

langpark

First Grade
The 'momentum' theory isnt actually a myth. If the player passing the ball is moving forward it may leave the hands backwards but float forward as it has the original velocity of the passer. If however the person is standing still and passes it backwards then it will not float forward unless wind assisted. I dont think a pass that is backwards out of the hands can go 20 metres forward though as someone stated before.
I'm not saying this is untrue, I'm saying it's BS how ever since the Matt King pass that this is how refs interpret a forward pass. But it's a very black and white thing, it has to go back, and it has been that way ever since the game began.

If Usain Bolt was playing league and threw a pass that "left the hands backwards" then yes it could end up travelling 30m forward. Under this momentum BS, it could be argued that as long as the ball doesn't finish ahead of the guy who threw it (who could be usain bolt) then it's legit...

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
The game recieved good publicity here in NZ, had interviews with Welsh players and in todays national paper had a half a page right up on the match.

Latest posts