What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Injury Watch: Foran out for season, NZ done?

Matua

Bench
Heres a question...do nz select this kayln ponga kid purely on the basis it locks him into nz....think i would
Assuming he wants to play for NZ and not Oz.

I saw him when he was an early teen playing schoolboy rugby in Palmerston North and he was dynamic even back then.

roughyedspud

Coach
I see matt gillett has escaped a ban for that trip on JT friday night...

Thats a 1 game ban all day long!

When i was a kid,learning how to play the game we where told tripping is just about the worst thing you could do on a field...now its nothing...wtf happened??

Cold Roses

Juniors
The kiwis should pick james fisher harris too

Don't disagree with you, but not sure how he would get a look in at the moment.

Taumalolo, Harris, Proctor and Mannering have a lock in on the starting spots. Tapau covers middle forward as well as prop from the bench. Manu Ma'u really delivered in the last Anzac test as well.

They could pick him to lock him in as a Kiwi, but is his allegiance actually in doubt?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Aahh fair enough thought he was a full on kiwi...

Would he be eligible for origin though???

He trained with the top Kiwi squad as a guest about a year? ago I think? All part of Kearney/Kidwells policy of keeping pathways open for young Kiwis in Aus. Based on that you would have to think that he is in someway eligible.

Burns

First Grade
There was a few radio interviews with Kidwell across the weekend on the likes of Triple M and NZ radio. No mention on Benji. What would be the benefit to NZ anyway I suppose. Better with Johnson/Leuluai/Lolohea

Matua

Bench
There was a few radio interviews with Kidwell across the weekend on the likes of Triple M and NZ radio. No mention on Benji. What would be the benefit to NZ anyway I suppose. Better with Johnson/Leuluai/Lolohea
Better chance of winning when all our halves magically get injured just before the Four Nations - especially as Peta Hiku isn't there to um, save us. Blahahahahhaha.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I see matt gillett has escaped a ban for that trip on JT friday night...

Thats a 1 game ban all day long!

When i was a kid,learning how to play the game we where told tripping is just about the worst thing you could do on a field...now its nothing...wtf happened??

The Nrl operates a policy of making decisions exactly opposite to what people expect.

OT but I couldn't see a sticky for this year's tournament so will ask here. what's the TV arrangements for the tournament in both hemispheres? I believe BBC have England games but have seen no further news in the UK or Australia.

roughyedspud

Coach
Warrington's ben currie,a bolter for the england squad,likely to have been in the 24,and will be a regular in the 13 in the next 2years..

Is out for 6-9 month with a ACL injury

Its not really gonna impact the starting 13 or 18 this time round but lets hope he fixes himself before the world cup

roughyedspud

Coach
Could jonathon thurston miss a few games after his verbal outburst at the ref last night??

Shouting at the ref "get the f**king calls right"..

Touch a ref you banned..surely this is just as bad??

Burns

First Grade
Could jonathon thurston miss a few games after his verbal outburst at the ref last night??

Shouting at the ref "get the f**king calls right"..

Touch a ref you banned..surely this is just as bad??
If anything the ref will be dropped.

roughyedspud

Coach
Desperate??

One game, he misses the nz warm up in perth..

Two games, its the warm up & opening game v scotland..

He'll need a 4 game ban to miss the england game...and i sure as hell want him to play that game so you have no excuses lol