40/30 - it should be time

Discussion in 'NRL' started by T-Boon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

I agree that 5 hit ups and a kick is boring, but making 40/20s easier isnt going to help that...

Ive said before, if you want RL to be exciting offer a zero-tackle if the attack can carry the ball across the 20m line. We encourage big running sets by offering more possession and punish boring, conservative football by giving the other team more of the ball

Plus EVERY set has a definite winner and loser, which will make the game more exciting moment to moment.

(I admit there will probably be some unforseen results, but i think it would be worth trialling. Particularly in RL9s.)

T-Boon and axl rose like this.
  2. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm with your poorly implied reference to AwFuL.

Before the field goal was reduced from two points to one point, numerous individual teams were kicking 30+ field goals in a single season. Rabbitohs and Manly immediately come to mind during the late 1960s.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

exactly. There would be about 3 successful attempts each year which is worst than what we have presently - about 25 each year.

4. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Coach

They call it the off season, cause this shit is rotten as f**k

5. southwalesrabbitoh

southwalesrabbitoh Juniors

It's quite frikin simple, 11-a-side, no 40/20's or 40/30's. 10 interchanges per match, 4 on the bench as today. Actually keep it as a 10m gap, make 'em run. Conversions have to be taken 10m from the touch line regardless of where the try was scored, conversions only worth 1 point. 20 minute quarters. No video-referee. 2 referees and in-goal judges. 25m tap, opposition have to be on the 35m line. No 40m line. And have to use your foot to play-the-ball. 7m in-goal areas.

Parra Pride likes this.
  6. StadiumXIII

StadiumXIII Juniors

That's not rugby league anymore. Troll. Have any more stupid ideas?

7. southwalesrabbitoh

What the frank is it then? We're playing on the same size pitch as we were in 1908, but obviously the players are much faster and fitter nowadays. The only answer is to reduce the numbers on the paddock, obviously. ffs mun.

England would be closer to the 'Roos if it was 11-a-side too. If it was 11, then I'd fancy the Kiwis much more of winning the WC this yr.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    axl rose likes this.
  8. Raiderdave

Raiderdave First Grade

how about we have any kick finding touch , that side gets the ball back via the scrum
    then we'd have everyone guarding the sidelines & no one in the defensive line , meaning there'd be lots & lots of tries

oh btw

LOL

9. southwalesrabbitoh

Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

10. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

Don't take any notice of them TB . . . hang in there

11. Frederick

Frederick Moderator Staff Member

Geez, you’d think it was the off season or something

Parra Pride and Captain Apollo like this.
  12. axl rose

axl rose Juniors

True. Reading through Frank Hydes autobiography he said the modern game was unrecognizable to the game played in the 30's and 40's anyway.

13. Phil McGrawhan

Phil McGrawhan Coach

I agree
    Definitely not as exciting as a BATTLE
    Or a whole war .

Parra Pride likes this.
  14. ___

___ Juniors

30/30 perhaps as they are both long kicks (40m+) but 40/30 no way.

15. PANTHERMIKE

PANTHERMIKE Juniors

You post dumb shit... All the time.

How about 1 point for kicking it over the goal posts on restarts? That sounds cool.

Parra Pride likes this.
  16. The_Shield

The_Shield Juniors

40/30 is stupid. It makes it way to easy. 40 metres is the right length but maybe add some more spots, like have the 40/20, 30/30 and 20/40

17. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

I'm assuming this a troll boon thread.

Cave this f**ker please.

OVP and adamkungl like this.
  18. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

The reason they wouldn't be particularly easy is because the tough aspect would be trying to beat the wingers who are back patrolling the sideline around the 25 or 30 metre point. It would become a necessary skill of wingers to be able to defend the sideline from this real and present threat.
    Of course if the defence decided not to patrol the sideline in that way or the wingers got lazy and didn't get back far enough then an alert play maker like Blake Green (who kicked 5 40/20s this year) would take advantage.
    The best aspect is they are kickable from further inside the attacking teams own territory (e.g. from 25m line onwards), thus the wingers really need to be back from tackle one. Suddenly the best place to be adventurous from might be your own 30m zone.

19. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

The 40 metre touch finders are too difficult to attempt even when the wingers aren't back. The fullback has time to get over. So the kickers rarely even attempt them.
    Kickers are more likely these days to plod a long distance bomb from their 40 metre line just to try to pin the fullback in their 20 (think Mitch Pearce in State of Origin). Thats one of the true eye sores of the game at the moment - they kick with no concern at all for accuracy or trying to find open space. Just kick it high to pin the fullback. Sorry but that turns sports fans into croquet fans.
    Expand 40/20.

20. OVP

OVP Coach

Nah I like the Cave, it can be fun but this f**ker would ruin it.

We need to create a separate f**kwit forum and lock the following f**kwits in there so they can't ruin any other forum with their shit. T-Goon, SouthWalesRetard, Weiners, Albert, Stevo and David Moore. Cage these beasts !!

T-Boon and Life's Good like this.