What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N - ROUND ONE- AUS v SCO // Sat 29 Sep 6AM (AEDT) // 8 AM (NZDT) // Fri 8PM (BST)

Burns

First Grade
Welcome to the First Match Thread of the 2016 Four Nations between Australia and Scotland!
TEAM LISTS
fciJ0HHs_bigger.jpg

1.Matt Moylan 2.Josh Mansour 3.Justin O'Neill 4.Josh Dugan 5.Blake Ferguson 6.James Maloney 7.Cooper Cronk 8.Aaron Woods 9.Cameron Smith (capt) 10.David Klemmer 11.Sam Thaiday 12.Tyson Frizell 13.Jake Trobojevic. Interchange: 14.Jake Friend 15.Shannon Boyd 16.Trent Merrin 17.Michael Morgan 18.Valentine Holmes. (one to be omitted).
logo.png

TBA
TEST INFORMATION
Played at KC Lightstream Stadium, Hull. Capacity 12,225. Ticket sales appear average.

craven-705x504.jpg

Referee: Ben Thaler (ENG)
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton (AUS)

BROADVAST

Nine GEM - Prematch from 5:40AM
Premier Sports (UK)
Sky Sports ???? (NZ)

Televised in ENG on Premier Sports from 7:45PM Friday
Televised in AUS on Nine GEM from 5:40AM Saturday.
Televised in NZ on ???
Trivia
  • This is the first match ever to be played between Scotland and Australia (!)

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Hopefully they can get close to a sellout for this one, 12K is hardly a big capacity. Having said that it's hard to be too excited about this match, can't really see Scotland matching Australia. If they can keep it within around 20-30 points i think that would be a great result. Still looking forward to it though i feel my sleep schedule is going to be all kinds of f*cked up.

Burns

First Grade
C'mon scotland lol
Honestly think it will be a close first half. All depends on the ref really. Will there be 50/50 calls going Scotland's way?

I think back to when the USA played Australia in the WC finals, they burst out of the blocks - nearly even scored from memory! But a few penalties Aus way sculpered that haha.

roughyedspud

Coach
Ive bet the HT/FT double result, scotland win the first half & australia win at full time..Got 28/1 ($29)

The aussies have no thurston,smith..cronk & maloney don't get on...its not unthinkable for scotland to put in a awesome 40-50mins before australia figure it out and power through

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
whateva aus team runs out will still be several classes above the scots. If they can put more than one try on it would be awesome. Possibly involving aitken going over the top of dugan

Billythekid

First Grade
Ive bet the HT/FT double result, scotland win the first half & australia win at full time..Got 28/1 ($29)

The aussies have no thurston,smith..cronk & maloney don't get on...its not unthinkable for scotland to put in a awesome 40-50mins before australia figure it out and power through

It's still a damn strong Aussie side. Also i feel like those players matter less against 2nd tier nations. Whilst missing those players could be the difference against NZ or ENG i feel like this team would probably fare pretty similar against Scotland with or without them.

The Partisan

Far as i can tell no Foxtel involvement ??? No replays etc ?

Can't IQ GEM and have a late Friday night ( and consequently a 'want' for a Saturday sleep !) in looming.

fourplay

Juniors
If the only showing of this match is at 5:40am on GEM then whoever negotiated the TV deal honestly deserves to be sacked.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I heard the weather is not going to be pleasant for this game? I really hope Scotland do well but i can only see Aussie winning by 40+...to be honest Scotland will do well to score.

wittyfan

Referee
If the only showing of this match is at 5:40am on GEM then whoever negotiated the TV deal honestly deserves to be sacked.

A search of the Foxtel TV Guide for the next two weeks reveals that only Gem are showing matches.

wittyfan

Referee
Also when will Scotland name their side? Are they still trying to find more Aussies with Scottish grandparents?

Latest posts