What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N - ROUND ONE- ENG v NZ // Sun 30 Sep 12:30AM (AEDT) // 2:30 AM (NZDT) // Sat 2:30PM (BST)

Burns

First Grade
Welcome to the Second Match Thread of the 2016 Four Nations between England and New Zealand!
TEAM LISTS

NZL-LUteams.png

TBA

ENG-LUteams.png

TBA

TEST INFORMATION

Played at the John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield. Capacity of 24,500. Match is sold out.

article-1263980025593-01D1FCB70000044D-650926_636x4221.jpg

Referee: Robert Hicks (ENG)
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton (AUS)

BROADCAST

Televised in ENG on BBC 1 at 12:45pm Saturday.
Televised in AUS on Nine GEM from 12am Sunday.
Televised in NZ on on Sky Sports 2 at 2am Sunday.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
That's good to know, I couldn't find anything on Sky Sports guide.

What's consensus on this match? Most pivotal for me, winner to likely play Australia in Final. Will be barracking for England because will be in the greater interest of the sport for England to finally do something. Would then set up next rounds clash as well.

All in all, I'm hoping to a return to the WC Semi/2014 4N quality between these two. They are some of the best games ever played. The less of the Baskerville Series the better, that was kinda weird.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm mostly just hoping for a quality match more than anything. Yet again i think the English have it what takes to win the whole thing and yet again i see them disappointing us. I agree that in the interest of RL worldwide but in particular in the NH it would be great to see England win this tournament (a WC would be even better).

Hoping to see the Burgess brothers fire up as they've had a bit of a down year (Sam to a lesser extent). England have a great forward pack and possibly the best number 9 in the world steering them around the park. That definitely feels like Englands strength and i feel if they're going to win it will be on the back of their forwards.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Going on past history you have to back England for this match. Cant believe the NZ TAB has England at $2.20 to win....

You would think the Kiwis have a lot to show after the poor performance against Aussie. All i can hope is its a good game for the sell out crowd.

Two questions need to be answered to determine the outcome of this game: will the Kiwi forwards exert themselves over the sizable English pack? and will Shaun Johnson take charge? If the answer is no to both questions then England wins.

If the Kiwis are to be at their best they should play David Fusitua at full back ahead of the defensively reliable but not exciting attacker Jordan Kahu. Also Shaun Kenny-Dowell needs to focus on his ball control -- he made two bad drops against Australia. Tommy Leuluai should do well at five eighth, so Shaun Johnson will have no excuses for not shining unless England dominate possession.

Burns

First Grade
England squad: John Bateman, George Burgess, Sam Burgess, Thomas Burgess, Daryl Clark, Mike Cooper, Liam Farrell, Luke Gale, James Graham, Ryan Hall, Chris Hill, Josh Hodgson, Jonny Lomax, Jermaine McGillvary, Dan Sarginson, Kallum Watkins, Elliott Whitehead, Gareth Widdop, George Williams.

New Zealand squad: Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Lewis Brown, Greg Eastwood, Tohu Harris, Shaun Johnson, Jordan Kahu, Solomone Kata, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke, Manu Ma'u, Jason Nightingale, Kevin Proctor, Jordan Rapana, Jason Taumalolo, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/37791265

Pommy

Coach
Should have been the last group game too

For sure if we win this game its likely to be England vs Australia in London followed by the same fixture in Liverpool.
As others have said I think we have the talent to win the lot but I'm so jaded by English teams of all sports that I cant get overly excited by it

But in my best Delia Smith impersonation "lets be 'avin ya!!"

Latest posts