What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI, NZ v West Indies, Eden Park

blain

Juniors
118/2 off 28, looking for 250. sinclair, well i dont know if ODIs are his place to return, maybe in tests, but he isnt the best one day player.

guptill after a bit of a dodge start is on 56*, and is looking good. How will be worried now :D

Iafeta

Referee
Wow, that was New Zealand's best batting effort in some time IMO. McCullum was restrained, knew it was swinging early on so helped his partner out at his own expense. Skip, well.. sadly typical Skippy innings. Taylor, best innings in forever. Used the offside, picked up the singles, then teed off in the power plays. Flynn.. well, I'd rather he bats at three than five in ODIs... better accumulator than hitter of the ball. Broom played a great little cameo, and the best thing about him that makes him a keeper for me was the fact he was prepared to run like a mad merkin and sacrifice his wicket if need be - team's need blokes like him, especially ones who can hit. But of course, the best innings, Martin Guptill. Second best ever ODI debut innings... Amazing stuff. The six to bring up the ton was a hell of a shot. Best thing about him is he knows how to rotate the strike. Early days yet, but if Ryder is brought back, it'd be nice to see McCullum perhaps go back down the order and finish the innings as only he knows how to. Particularly with Broom in the middle order too.

Well batted.

Blaze

Juniors
McCullum is clearly troubled at the moment. He could have nicked 3 or 4 balls from Edwards' outswingers early, and also got lucky with that drop off the no ball. He tried to play a restrained innings today but I don't think that is the way to go for him.

Guptill hit a pretty lucky hundred as well. Looks ok, but we shouldn't get too carried away. He would have been out on another day 4-5 times before he reached his hundred.

Still so down about Sinclair... :(

blain

Juniors
very impressed with guptill and broom. i think broom would make a great number 5, its just a shame that guptill wont stay an opener.

very impressive :D, guptill, ryder, taylor, flynn, broom are all still very young, and have made good starts to thier international careers. flynn still hasnt done much in the shorter form though.