What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v England at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2013

jargan83

Coach
Well done Australia another good win.

England really threw it away yesterday after winning day 2, they had a 50 run lead and should have put us to the sword but our bowlers didn't let them get away too badly. The way England batted as well was just terrible. Carberry batting for two and half hours for 12 runs was rubbish as was Joe Root who also adopted the defensive mindset.

England let our bowlers bowl to them, they didn't try to change any of our bowling plans and they were pretty much doomed from there.

The pitch didn't really have any demons in it as shown by Australia finishing the game 2 down but it seemed a bit slow to start off with and just got better to bat on. England to be rolled for 179 on that pitch was awful. Having said that we've all seen Australia stumble when chasing small to moderate totals in the past.

Today Rogers rode his luck at times but Cricket can be like that some times. I was really impressed with Shane Watson today and have to say it was one of his best Innings in Australian colors.

Was great to see Lyon run through England yesterday. He copped a bit after Adelaide but but I think he has been picked to do a job and has picked up vital wickets at times as well.

Congrats to Michael Clarke as 8,000 runs in Test Cricket is another accomplishment. 8Ball is 100% correct. One of the most pleasing things from this summer has been that it hasn't been Michael Clarke doing all the heavy lifting with the bat.

Clark's decision to bowl first has been well and truly vindicated.

Were you watching? Your argument is fair enough for Rogers but the game was all but over and the poms looked broken and defeated by the time Watson came out to bat.

You are a first class f**khead.

Watson could have fallen cheap and then we're 2/40ish and the Poms would have had their heads up.

Everything you say is utter bullshit

TheParraboy

Staff member
top 5 posters in this thread

BunniesMan 101
Timbo 96
Pete Cash 88
vvvrulz 85
hineyrulz 80

BMs contribution cant be under estimated :lol:

Alistair, Alistair, Alistair...

What's the go with not bowling Panesar until the game was all but lost? Bowled Root not once, but twice before chucking the cherry to Monty. What sort of endorsement is that by your captain when you're the first choice spinner and the skipper gives a part timer who is the English equivalent of Smith (the bloke you put on when nothing else is working,) a go twice before you.

If I were Monty, I'd have blown up deluxe at Cook after snaring that wicket... "Imagine if I had 150 runs to bowl with Alistair?"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he was asked that question and his answer was that he was sticking with his medium pacers in order to try and get reverse swing

yet I bet if he had Swan he would have used him

Wato

Juniors
Monty will be dropped for Sydney, it's obvious Cook has no confidence in him. I thought Monty bowled well during the Indian series so you would think Cook would have some faith in him but that does not seem the case. The selection of Bresnan seems a bizarre one with Stokes seeming to bowl more.

vvvrulz

Coach
Monty will be dropped for Sydney, it's obvious Cook has no confidence in him. I thought Monty bowled well during the Indian series so you would think Cook would have some faith in him but that does not seem the case. The selection of Bresnan seems a bizarre one with Stokes seeming to bowl more.

Monty deserved more faith and Bresnan barely deserves a place at all.

He is such a nothing cricketer, they really missed a trick by not giving Rankin or Finn a shot.
And Tremlett is capable of much more than what he dished out in the first test, and still better than Bresnan.