What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

Hallatia

Referee
*glare*

I think the dead rubber nature of this match presents opportunities for Australia to experiment. Would be good try a different keeper, as the real weak link at the moemnt for Australia is Haddin

Horrie Is God

First Grade
4-0 coming up..

India are already back home mentally..

McDermott is working miracles..

Even a flat Adelaide deck wont stop Australia..

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Starc will be unlucky 12th man in Adelaide. All bowlers brilliant. Competition for places in this team. Love out depth.

Hallatia

Referee
Cricinfo just quoted this tweet from Chris Gayle
Chris Gayle said:
I'm waiting on clearance from bcci to play in the 4th test against Australia!Fingers cross,I will get a crack at swing swung 4 prank! LOL
:lol:

DC_fan

Coach
The Indians are a poor excuse for a test team. They don't want to be here so send them home.

typicalfan

Coach
I agree, Harris might not have got the wickets but his spell this morning was epic. Unless he pulls up sore I suggest Lyon for Starc the only change.

Definitely not a dead rubber, we beat the Indians and a team at the top of their game shows the ruthless mentality required to go for the kill. We don't want to think India ever had a hope.

The dead rubber was always the test we dropped off during the golden era I'd love us to make a statement and crush these pricks in Adelaide

BunniesMan

Immortal
What I'd like to see happen-
IN:
Hughes
Wade

OUT:
Marsh
Haddin

I'd keep the four quicks, IMO Clarke and Warner give enough spin, and the 4 quicks are more likely to take the wickets of this Indian top order than Lyon.

The only change I think will happen is Starc for Lyon.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our next test is April 7th, almost 3 months away

If they are thinking of resting blokes, rest them from every 2nd ODI game coming up

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Hughes back? No thanks. Needs a spell in State cricket and work on game. It will do him world of good long term.

If Watson is still out as some are saying and we make a change to batting line up, I bring in Khawaja for Marsh. Marsh will get another chance though and I don't think the selectors make any changes barring Starc out for Lyon. As DC_Fan stated, I too wouldn't mind seeing Starc hold his place in front of Harris though cannot see it happening. Harris has a big fan in Clarke (if article comparing him to McGrath is to go off) and let's be honest, we don't lose with either guy. Both up for it.

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I am a fan of Phil Hughes..

But until he can develop a pull shot he shouldn't be anywhere near the Australian XI..

He gets out consistently knicking balls that Australian batsmen look to pull..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
VVS Laxman may have played his last Test: BCCI sources..

Indranil Basu, TNN | Jan 15, 2012, 01.19AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-australia/top-stories/VVS-Laxman-may-have-played-his-last-Test-BCCI-sources/articleshow/11492280.cms

NEW DELHI: VVS Laxman's nine-ball duck in Perth on Saturday may well have been his last Test innings.

It's ironical that Laxman, who built his formidable batting reputation against the Australian bowling attack over the past decade or so, now finds his playing career running out of time Down Under.

Laxman's struggles in Australia this time around have reflected on the performance of the Indian cricket team, which marked Day Two of the Perth Test on Saturday with another batting collapse and the prospect of losing the third Test inside three days.

With MS Dhoni and Co's reputation in tatters and a whitewash looming in Australia to follow the one in England earlier this year, the elegant Hyderabadi, who is 37 years old, may become the first of the veteran batting machines to be eased out, sources told TOI.

The wristy strokeplayer who first terrified the Aussies with the epic 281 at the Eden Gardens in 2001 - a precursor to many memorable knocks against the dominating cricketers from Down Under, both at home and away - may not even get the luxury of a farewell Test which his reputation warrants, TOI has learnt.

Laxman has been ordinary this time in Australia, averaging only 17 from 6 innings. His overall record in Australia, in comparison, is an extremely impressive 50.65 with 6 hundreds from 28 Tests.

Laxman also had a poor run in England last year, averaging only 22.75 from 4 matches. Despite the disappointing show in England, he was picked for Australia purely on reputation.

Laxman's form has declined sharply in the past one year which stats bear out...

In 2009, he scored 471 runs in six Tests at an average of 67.28. In 2010 too, he scored 939 runs at average of 67.07.

However, last year, Laxman started slipping and scored just 773 runs in 12 Tests at 40.68.

The slide has continued in the ongoing series with the classy batsman scoring just 102 runs in 3 Tests at a poor 17.00.

OVERALL RECORD

Tests: 133; Runs: 8728; Highest: 281; Avg: 46.17; Centuries: 17; Half-centuries: 56.

beads6

First Grade
I'd be resting Siddle or Hilfy. May as well get a game into Starc when we have the series wrapped up. Lyon needs to play as well.

Latest posts