What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: India v Australia at Dharamsala on Mar 25-29, 2017

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Replacing David Warner with Usman Khawaja makes no sense to me,firstly Usman is even worse against spin than Warner is and secondly Khawaja averages 30.29 away from home which is even worse than Warner's away average,replacing a home track bully with a worse home track bully doesn't make sense to me.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Agree with HT

There isnt even a tactical advantage of blunting ashwin because usman is left handed too

That said jadeja has been the danger man imo

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It will be very interesting to see what the strategy is if Australia gets in a position of power in the match. Will Smith make result oriented declaration/s or will a draw be the top of his agenda?

There is a long way to go before that even becomes a possibility but it would be interesting.

If we can bat until lunch day 3 and score 800 runs in the first innings that would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Agree with HT

There isnt even a tactical advantage of blunting ashwin because usman is left handed too

That said jadeja has been the danger man imo

Ashwin has been pretty average, Jadeja has been by far the better of the 2, and since when have batsmen been selected because of who the bowler is ?

Sorry but that's just nonsense.

None of our batsmen could play spin well, refer the Sri Lankan series, so why the f**k just crucify one bloke for a poor teams performance. Our selectors were not going to pick Renshaw for the same reason, they really haven't got much right this series.

Warner is probabaly being retained because he is VC, I really cant think of any other reason and I really dont get why Oozie is being singled out as some one who cant play spin as he obviously can other wise he would have never made it to this level.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It will be very interesting to see what the strategy is if Australia gets in a position of power in the match. Will Smith make result oriented declaration/s or will a draw be the top of his agenda?

There is a long way to go before that even becomes a possibility but it would be interesting.
Along with an Ashes victory - perhaps even more so - winning a tour in India is the Holy Grail for an Aussie team and captain.

It's only been acheived twice. And simply drawing the series wouldn't rven compare as an achievement.

Smith and the team need to go into this with a 'win or bust' attitude and I'm sure they will.

No one will remember a drawn series but a win will go down in folklore.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I can't see any changes for the next test.

I wouldnt be surprised if Swepson came in for O'Keeffe, just because that's how our ninkenpoop selectors roll.

2 weeks

Coach
Wonder if the Dalai Lama will pop in for a few days of the test?

I remember us losing to the Kiwi's here in the 20/20 World Cup & the deck was a bunsen that night, so i expect it to turn from ball zero

We need to be more ruthless in the backend of this test than we've been for the last 2

We keep taking our foot off of their throats

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Vrat kept throwing it to the umps which I thought was very arrogant of him, they could have just stepped aside and let the ball go.

It was as though he was demanding it be replaced. I dont think I've ever seen a player throw the ball to the umps like that, they generally just hand it to them.

TheParraboy

Staff member

If we do manage to be on top, id say he wont be putting too much of a carrot to the Indians. They need to take the risks. We were expecting a 0-4 drubbing this series, we would take 1-1 at the start of the series in a heartbeat. To lose 2-1 going for glory would be devastating, may as well be 0-4.

First things first, bat real well in our first innings hopefully get a good lead wether we bat 1st or 2nd

TheParraboy

Staff member
Replacing David Warner with Usman Khawaja makes no sense to me,firstly Usman is even worse against spin than Warner is and secondly Khawaja averages 30.29 away from home which is even worse than Warner's away average,replacing a home track bully with a worse home track bully doesn't make sense to me.

Warner averages 23.28 from 7 tests or 14 innings IN INDIA

Khawaja has never played in India, like Renshaw and Handscomb prior this series

Warner wont be dropped, but he deserves to be and Khawaja deserves a crack, if he fails no biggie Warner has been failing there, if Khawaja does well then it strengthens our batting plenty. We wont know cause he wont be given a go

Bazal

Post Whore
I picked it up in the commentary on fox yesterday, May have been Ravi saying that the next pitch is the one that will most suit the Australians. Known as a bouncier wicket with a decent covering of grass.. so no doubt the groundsmen's out there now with a flame thrower and a 40 gallon drum of round up....ha-ha

During the T20 world cup, the one time India want to prepare a reasonably fast track, Dharamsala was easily the slowest, crappiest track in the tournament....I can't see them preparing a quick wicket regardless of the series situation. But hey, every track bar Pune has tricked me so far so what the fking do I know lol

Great ground though IMO.

Fangs

Coach
I'd drop Lyon for Agar. They probably won't because then we have two left arm spin bowlers. We only need to draw. Need to occupy the crease for as long as we can. Agar gives us a fresh bowling option and something with the bat. With O'Keefe and Cummins you have a really long batting lineup.

I hope they don't drop Cummins. The test series is on the line, you have to play him. Even if he is tired.

No chance in hell I'd drop Warner for Khawaja. He hasn't played a game all tour. I am expecting Warner to come to the party in this test though.

JJ

Immortal
When was the last time Khawaja played - he was rested from the NZ tour to prepare for India - perhaps he's just not hitting them well in the nets

Latest posts