What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: India v England at Mumbai on Dec 8-12, 2016

vvvrulz

Coach
Didn't Kohli avg about 9 on India's last tour of England?

It's amazing. They're impregnable at home and an absolute joke away.

As are most international teams.

Couldn't handle a basic outswinger, James Anderson had him on a leash

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol. Who has the better spin production line. Of all the silly discussions.....

Here's a challenge. Name 25 all time great spinners that deserve to be talked about in the same kind of discussions as McGrath, Lillee, Hadlee, the Windies quicks, Donald, Waqar, Wasim etc. Ever, worldwide. The simple fact is that spin bowling (especially wrist spin) is a ludicrously difficult art to perfect and no country in the world rattles high quality spinners off a production line.

A truly great spinner is a once in a generation or two bowler.
Thanks scoop, next up give us a lesson on not picking up sarcasm

vvvrulz

Coach
Jesus, how's this for a stat:

Jadeja has got 100 in his 24th Test, equal fastest with Ryan Harris, Jason Gillespie, Lance Gibbs, and one Test slower than Shane Warne and Glenn MacGrath

Red Bear

Referee
Kohli is bloody good. Bit of a gap between home and away average (59 vs 45) but that gap has widened a fair bit thanks to his recent form. Has plenty of time to rectify for a shit tour of England.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think the away pitches have exposed some flaws in Jimmy's bowling too.

Not for the first time either.

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah of all people to throw stones about that. Anderson ablverage of 25 at home 35 away says a bit

2 weeks

Coach
I see that and raise that with Mark Haslam, Mark Priest, Greg Loveridge, Brooke Walker, Shane Thomson, I'm sure there's a truckload more.

I'll raise again with Scotty Muller, Adam Dale, Joe Mennie, Scotty Boland & John Holland.

Iafeta

Referee
I didnt suggest he was a wet wicket bowler i suggested his record is inflated by bowling on wet wickets where he got the nickname deadly. No ifs or buts.

And as a finger spinner he was certainly none of those wrist spinners you mentioned.

He could bowl blind folded, with his left arm, become a wrist spinner and still comfortably be a better bowler than all those aforementioned.

If you want to say Derek Underwood had his record inflated by wet wickets, Hadlee had them inflated on green seamers, Akram had his inflated because of reverse swing, Lillee had his inflated by bouncy wickets... you're drawing a very long bow. The guy averaged great figures both home and away. Inflated or not, Derek Underwood was a world class bowler.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor old Adam Dale was a pretty good bowler, great FC record and would of bowled well in England. Fleming was another who never got a bowl in the old dart and would have went well.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
India win by an innings and 36 runs and go 3 nil up in the series. Ashwin took 12 wickets in the match to confirm his status as the greatest bowler in the history of the game (as per Indian fans).

Too bad England didn't have Derek playing for them. His 3.45 wickets per test may have seen them 3 nil up instead.