What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-3 by May

Travitoh

First Grade
Rd 4 vs Canterbury
Win

Rd 5 @ StGI & Rd 6 @ Easts
Win one, lose one

Rd 7 vs Canberra
Win, probably after trailling all day

Rd 8 vs Brisbane
Win

5-3 by May when we are a third of the way through the season and the foundation has been laid for an assault at September footy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rd 4 vs Canterbury
Win

Rd 5 @ StGI & Rd 6 @ Easts
Win one, lose one

Rd 7 vs Canberra
Win, probably after trailling all day

Rd 8 vs Brisbane
Win

5-3 by May when we are a third of the way through the season and the foundation has been laid for an assault at September footy.
Dogs will be very tough!

That's all I'm focused on!!

We have 20 points in us but can our defence aim up??

Can we get past Cecchin???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't get too ahead of yourself Trav! ;) I think it could go either way.

As R20 said, we've gotta focus on the Dogs now and that could be tough.
Mbye is very dangerous along with Foran and the Morris brothers know how to finish a play!!

They've a strong pack too!!

Travitoh

First Grade
On the StGI game, we'll be coming off a 7 day break after defeating Canterbury on Good Friday while the Merge will only have 5 after playing Newcastle on the Sunday.

I'm not saying that will win it for us but it is an advantage.

5-3 by May!

callmack1

Staff member
On the StGI game, we'll be coming off a 7 day break after defeating Canterbury on Good Friday while the Merge will only have 5 after playing Newcastle on the Sunday.

5-3 by May!
Don't get ahead of yourself bro, Dogs will be tough.

Rabbits20

Immortal

5-3 by May!
Don't get ahead of yourself!!

Mbye is in career best form!

They'll be tough!

Travitoh

First Grade
StGI fair enough but i don't get the concern surrounding the Easts game. They're 2-2 without a decent scalp yet for the year. Far from the form you would expect to see from a contender.

Rabbits20

Immortal
StGI fair enough but i don't get the concern surrounding the Easts game. They're 2-2 without a decent scalp yet for the year. Far from the form you would expect to see from a contender.
I really hope we can beat Easts.... they'll be pumped though!

We have to want it more!!!

Easts are very dangerous with Tedesco, Fergo, Cronk, Friend a tackling machine!

They've Cordner there too!

We'd have to beat them in the forwards!

I don't rate Manu in defence or Robinson and Latrell can get caught out too!!

Seibs will have to come up with an in depth plan!

We will need Kennar back and himself and Jennings will need big metres to match Ferguson!

Travitoh

First Grade
A minor but expected stumble on our way to being 5-3. Back level when we defeat Easts next weekend and then onto the soft fixtures of Canberra and Brisbane!

Rabbits20

Immortal
A minor but expected stumble on our way to being 5-3. Back level when we defeat Easts next weekend and then onto the soft fixtures of Canberra and Brisbane!
Don't jinx us mate!

I'm very worried about the Canberra game. They generally go well against us!

If we aren't careful we will be 3-5. Even if we go 4-4 we have very tough matches against Newcastle and Dragons following that and then the Cows round 11 up there and they have to click at some point!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Then it's the Warriors after Cows. We have a very tough run Travitoh:

Roosters Away
Canberra Home
Broncos Home
Newcastle Away
Dragons Home
Cowboys Away
Warriors Away

If we can't knock off a top team like Rorters or Warriors we could be 5-7 with the season slipping away Travitoh.

We need to go on a 3-4 match winning streak at some point!

Losing close matches to top sides in a narrow matter won't cut it!

Most people I talk to see us as about a 10-11th placed side and so do I.

We must learn to be more clinical to have a shot sneaking into the 8.

callmack1

Staff member
Agreed R20, we have some really tough games coming up but it's clear to see we are building. All we need to to right now is set ourselves up for the end of the season and sneak into that eight and I'm confident the boys can do it but it's going to be really tough and at the same time, we may well end up 11th like you say.

themacemaceman

Juniors
It's hard to get a read on our form when you look at who we've played.

We've been beaten by the top 3 on the ladder, but the teams we've beaten have a 2-3 and 1-4 record so they are hardly setting the world on fire.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's hard to get a read on our form when you look at who we've played.

We've been beaten by the top 3 on the ladder, but the teams we've beaten have a 2-3 and 1-4 record so they are hardly setting the world on fire.
That's the concern mate and the match in round 7 worries me tbh... Canberra play well against us!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agreed R20, we have some really tough games coming up but it's clear to see we are building. All we need to to right now is set ourselves up for the end of the season and sneak into that eight and I'm confident the boys can do it but it's going to be really tough and at the same time, we may well end up 11th like you say.
We really need to get some fire in the belly and some more confidence and I believe next week against Rorters could be a big game in regards to the context of our season!