What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-3 by May

callmack1

Staff member
Come on guys. Yes, we lost but there is no need to turn on each other, it's not all bad.

We're all just very passionate about our great club but let's just settle down a bit. No need to start attacking people.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Come on guys. Yes, we lost but there is no need to turn on each other, it's not all bad.

We're all just very passionate about our great club but let's just settle down a bit. No need to start attacking people.
I agree and I didn't mean to cross a line.

I just feel there isn't a need to get ahead of ourselves like some did!

Travitoh

First Grade
I agree and I didn't mean to cross a line.

I just feel there isn't a need to get ahead of ourselves like some did!

And i feel there isn't a need for constant negativity and doubt about upcoming fixtures but I'm not going to gloat just because i get 1 right every 6 weeks.

Different people support teams differently. Some openly back them in every week, some prefer to keep a lid on things, some don't do either. There isn't a right or wrong way as life would be pretty boring if that were the case.

What isn't right though is throwing abuse at others because you feel a moment of superiority over them and then instead of taking the chance to retract the sentiment, choosing to try and justify it before blaming it on mistaken 'passion' when really it's all an act of self-righteous immaturity.

Passion isn't a premeditated outburst, it is an emotion that you use to express something you believe strongly about. So if it truly was passion, then you're admitting to strongly believing that we are muppets.

But enjoy your moment. You went 1-5 over the six week stretch of this thread. Great work.

Travitoh

First Grade
The saddest thing about it all is i knew as soon as the final whistle was blown that you would be in this thread to gloat.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And i feel there isn't a need for constant negativity and doubt about upcoming fixtures but I'm not going to gloat just because i get 1 right every 6 weeks.

Different people support teams differently. Some openly back them in every week, some prefer to keep a lid on things, some don't do either. There isn't a right or wrong way as life would be pretty boring if that were the case.

What isn't right though is throwing abuse at others because you feel a moment of superiority over them and then instead of taking the chance to retract the sentiment, choosing to try and justify it before blaming it on mistaken 'passion' when really it's all an act of self-righteous immaturity.

Passion isn't a premeditated outburst, it is an emotion that you use to express something you believe strongly about. So if it truly was passion, then you're admitting to strongly believing that we are muppets.

But enjoy your moment. You went 1-5 over the six week stretch of this thread. Great work.
Compared to what abuse I've copped on here the word muppets is quite minor on the scale! You've blown it out of proportion!

It's not negativity, it's the cautious approach as no game in the NRL is easy and that's a fact! If you are 10percent off you get your pants pulled down!

No I very very very rarely throw abuse at others and if it comes out it's not intentional. We are all humans.....

Why haven't you addressed Stan mocking me about my 6-6 prediction. Why not pull him up but just throw the heat my way?

I didn't say you're not passionate as you are but I feel some Souths members and supporters in general were getting ahead of themselves. It was a big reality check to not just members but players also!

As I said maybe I shouldn't have used the word muppets but all this has been blown out of proportion! You can pretty much say whatever you want on here just like I can!

Look I've got much bigger things to worry about than this!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
You get mocked and abused because you pour petrol on fires you start. You’ve always got to have the last say even if it’s 100% wrong because criticism to you is an attack.

No one else here cops it like you because no one else acts like you.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh mighty Travitoh, the soothsayer. Please enlighten us with your prediction by June, the halfway mark.

Do you think we will be 9-3 by then, like myself or 8-4, dropping one to either the merge or the Warriors.

Would love to hear your insights.

I wonder if some in here even watch our games. Someone even predicted we will go 2-3 for the next 5 and be 6-6. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Stan.
Well Stan you almost fell off your chair laughing at my prediction...... that lead to the muppet talk.... I did not mean it in a harmful angry manner but if it was perceived that way I apologise once more....

I can't say I've received too many apologies from anyone in here bar 1 or 2........ everyone else must be perfect then:):)

My Father is letting me know I'm the muppet now after saying we wouldn't go close to winning the comp haha... he thinks we will win 22 this year.... he hasn't said that in either 2015,16 or 17 but at the start of this year he said it.

CliveC

Juniors
Well Stan you almost fell off your chair laughing at my prediction...... that lead to the muppet talk.... I did not mean it in a harmful angry manner but if it was perceived that way I apologise once more....

I can't say I've received too many apologies from anyone in here bar 1 or 2........ everyone else must be perfect then:):)

My Father is letting me know I'm the muppet now after saying we wouldn't go close to winning the comp haha... he thinks we will win 22 this year.... he hasn't said that in either 2015,16 or 17 but at the start of this year he said it.
Are you trying to tell us that Souths weren't in contention in 2015,2016 and 2017 or at least that's what your dad reckoned?

Hi Rabbits20,

Firstly, I am glad that you got my joke in the GI thread, good to see you're picking up on my warped sense of humour.

I'll say one more thing on this muppet issue and then hopefully we can put it behind us.

I appreciate your apology and would say once again, it was unnecessary. Although I do get fired up when people say stuff about my friends and family, I generally don't care too much about what they say about me. I'm pretty self assured about what kind of person I am, so if someone else says I'm a muppet or that I don't know anything about RL, I'm OK with that.

A lot of what I say in hear is tongue in cheek, and with the view of getting a laugh. I have a dry and often sarcastic sense of humour. Even some of my good friends on occasion misread my jokes, even when they're face to face with me. I realise they may be even harder to read over the internet, by people who do not really know me at all. Context is sometime hard to determine with the written word.

I know that I am overly optimistic about our Mighty Rabbitohs and have often made a goose of myself by being so. I know that this opens myself up to ridicule but don't care. I make no apologies for this and am sure that I will do it again in the future. I also understand that you take a more cautious and reserved approach, and respect your right to do this. Obviously we will butt heads on this occasionally, but that's OK.

My intention in my post above was not to have a go at you personally, it was simply to have a bit of a laugh with Trav about how some posters, including yourself were a lot more pessimistic about our chances, than overly and openly optimistic posters like Trav and myself.

I hope if you reread it with that context in mind that you can see this.

You know that I am not afraid to apologise when I am wrong. However on this occasion I believe it would be inappropriate for me to do so. I can't think of a way to apologise without saying something like "I'm sorry that you took what I said that way". I believe that an apology like this is condescending and implies that you are at fault for taking it the wrong way. In my view this invalidates the apology. I like my apologies to be unreserved, with no disclaimer.

I hope that you can understand what I am saying there.

What I will say instead, is that my original post was in no way meant to be an attack on you or anyone, it was merely to have a bit of a laugh with Trav.

Cheers Stan

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hi Rabbits20,

Firstly, I am glad that you got my joke in the GI thread, good to see you're picking up on my warped sense of humour.

I'll say one more thing on this muppet issue and then hopefully we can put it behind us.

I appreciate your apology and would say once again, it was unnecessary. Although I do get fired up when people say stuff about my friends and family, I generally don't care too much about what they say about me. I'm pretty self assured about what kind of person I am, so if someone else says I'm a muppet or that I don't know anything about RL, I'm OK with that.

A lot of what I say in hear is tongue in cheek, and with the view of getting a laugh. I have a dry and often sarcastic sense of humour. Even some of my good friends on occasion misread my jokes, even when they're face to face with me. I realise they may be even harder to read over the internet, by people who do not really know me at all. Context is sometime hard to determine with the written word.

I know that I am overly optimistic about our Mighty Rabbitohs and have often made a goose of myself by being so. I know that this opens myself up to ridicule but don't care. I make no apologies for this and am sure that I will do it again in the future. I also understand that you take a more cautious and reserved approach, and respect your right to do this. Obviously we will butt heads on this occasionally, but that's OK.

My intention in my post above was not to have a go at you personally, it was simply to have a bit of a laugh with Trav about how some posters, including yourself were a lot more pessimistic about our chances, than overly and openly optimistic posters like Trav and myself.

I hope if you reread it with that context in mind that you can see this.

You know that I am not afraid to apologise when I am wrong. However on this occasion I believe it would be inappropriate for me to do so. I can't think of a way to apologise without saying something like "I'm sorry that you took what I said that way". I believe that an apology like this is condescending and implies that you are at fault for taking it the wrong way. In my view this invalidates the apology. I like my apologies to be unreserved, with no disclaimer.

I hope that you can understand what I am saying there.

What I will say instead, is that my original post was in no way meant to be an attack on you or anyone, it was merely to have a bit of a laugh with Trav.

Cheers Stan
All good let's go 15-5 tomorrow.....

You just never know what may happen....

It'll be bloody tough though..

Latest posts