What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 year extension

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This was the biggest problem from the outset.
Don't get me wrong, today was a phenomenal win and I hope the boys can back it up, but it was always going to be bad for us either way.
Either we perform really well this season and the coach stays, or we perform poorly and the coach goes... Which is great and all... But still bitterly disappointing to perform poorly.

Today was not a win for McGregor, it was a win for the boys and the hunger they displayed out there.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Don't get me wrong, today was a phenomenal win and I hope the boys can back it up, but it was always going to be bad for us either way.
Either we perform really well this season and the coach stays, or we perform poorly and the coach goes... Which is great and all... But still bitterly disappointing to perform poorly.

Today was not a win for McGregor, it was a win for the boys and the hunger they displayed out there.

And what happens in the unlikely circumstance we play well all season with a good brand of football? At what point would we accept the coach has learnt something?

Anyway that's far far away and very much hypothetical. Just food for thought

Bench
If the team keeps playing like this Mary might just survive. if the team keeps playing this, win or lose I will be the first to pubicly state my apologies to Mary.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
And what happens in the unlikely circumstance we play well all season with a good brand of football? At what point would we accept the coach has learnt something?

Yeahh my thoughts as well. Look, today was great, but we got A LOT of help from Penrith. It wasn't just our boys playing well, Penrith also did it to themselves. We will be tested against more disciplined sides throughout the year and that will tell us a lot.

We're not going to win the comp this year so we can't dream too big. I just can't forgive McGregor for previous seasons, it will take a miracle for him to redeem himself.

MilanDragon

Juniors
This should not be joked about. I hope there is not a stupid knee jerk reaction ala Price and the ANZAC day half time announcement.

But when that decision was made the team hadn't made the finals with Price in charge 2 years prior!

Definitely don't think there would be an announcement in the first 2 months, either way. Might not come until late in the season if we are playing well. However, if today proves to be a one off and we go backwards again then maybe an announcement mid season?

SaintElroy

Juniors
If the team plays like that consistently McGregor, price, Hornby and young can all coach, I don't care.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Is there a 'Get out clause' for clubs?

We need a change mate :thumbsup:

Dragon for life

Juniors
We played good today but lets not get too excited. Penrith were awful and helped our cause.

Finally we were making good metres through the forwards and again Penrith helped us here. It would have been better too see versus an equally committed side. Mcinnes looked really good and got us moving forward but again quality opposition would have been a better indication as to how good a performance it was.

McGregor still needs to go.

Dragon66

Juniors
Great win, so proud of the team and happy that this was the first ever game my son went to.

Shouldn't change a thing about McGregor. We've seen enough of his attitude, culture and the low bar he sets for success over the last 2 years, we want more.

So true. Just watch The Cowboys and Canberra. If we can match these genuine premiership contenders then I may reconsider my opinion about McGregor.

But atm we have had a good day and I like everybody else am enjoying the moment.
The memories of the woeful team performances from the past two seasons will take a while to erase. I've said before let's see where are after Rd 8.

In one of the earlier topics about where we would be after eight rounds I predicted a win over Penrith at home, but the future after that was not pretty. Hope I am very wrong.

Last edited:

Dragon66

Juniors
Great win, so proud of the team and happy that this was the first ever game my son went to.

Shouldn't change a thing about McGregor. We've seen enough of his attitude, culture and the low bar he sets for success over the last 2 years, we want more.

On another note.

Congrats to you and the boy. So pleased that such an astute and impartial supporter of the Dragons could show his son the pride and pleasure of standing on the hill and cheering on the mighty Red V.

BennyV

Referee
On another note.

Congrats to you and the boy. So pleased that such an astute and impartial supporter of the Dragons could show his son the pride and pleasure of standing on the hill and cheering on the mighty Red V.
I actually got some great photos with him there, got a killer shot of him on my shoulders with the game in the background! HAd my dad there too, so 3 generations of Red V fanatics was great to be a part of!

duck

Juniors

I've been critical of Mary myself.

But if we play like that on a regular basis then hell yeah, sign him up

Early days.

thebigredv

First Grade
I've been critical of Mary myself.

But if we play like that on a regular basis then hell yeah, sign him up

Early days.

Not trying to diminish anything for Mary but sometimes players can rise above the coach and if that is the case they won't be able to sustain it. A lot of caution needed but I think what's best is that we can improve plenty on today's effort.

One game at a time.

Minh

First Grade
Promising start and needs to keep going to even consider upgrading Mary's contract however very surprised and happy with a massive win against the competition favorites.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great effort by the boys today.....I'm not getting carried away because the markets say we beat the favourites for the title...personally I rate Melbourne, Cowboys, Raiders and Roosters ahead of them just for starters....when we do a number on these teams then my excitement level will be raised slightly........

Latest posts