What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50th Anniversary Game

Card Shark

Immortal
If memory serves me correctly, Saturday marks 50 years to the day that we first took the field against the Roosters back in '67.

Great achievement.

Onwards & upwards!

shaggs

Coach
Quigs you were wrong last year and you are wrong now.

Sharks were born on the 2/4/67. Our 50th birthday is Sunday 2/4/2017.

Unfortunately the nrl didn't put us on the Sunday this round

Quigs

Immortal
So what are the Pennies celebrating this round. It will be a big joint NRL sanctioned cell-eee-bration. They joined the same weekend as us back in ol' 67.

If the NRL had any brains (and we know they don't) then we should of played the Pennies, they could of celebrated their 51st and we couldarhh done our 50th.

Happy 51st season / birthday to us.

Madsharkie

First Grade
So what are the Pennies celebrating this round. It will be a big joint NRL sanctioned cell-eee-bration. They joined the same weekend as us back in ol' 67.

If the NRL had any brains (and we know they don't) then we should of played the Pennies, they could of celebrated their 51st and we couldarhh done our 50th.

Happy 51st season / birthday to us.
That's where you went wrong

Quigs

Immortal

I'm Bob Santamaria and he's Quigs and this is our Point of View

snout

First Grade

True - but it's our 51st season.

Card Shark

Immortal

So not only did they not give us our choice of opponents (roosters like our first game), they couldn't even put us on the right day.

f**k me.....

Chimp

Bench
I'm probably missing an 'in joke' here, but I thought it was weird the Panthers celebrating last year.... If you were born on 2/4/67, when would you celebrate your 50th Birthday? If you got married on 2/4/67, when would you celebrate your 50th anniversary?

You celebrate the completion of a year, because then you've been around for a full year. So, whilst yes, we've just entered our 51st season (or 51st year if you were born on that date, or 51st year of marriage), we're celebrating the 50th anniversary of our club.

And we celebrated the completion of our 50th season in fine style!

shaggs

Coach
You know what is even more stupid. It's that not only is the game on the 1st, but our first game in 1967 was a Sunday. It couldn't have worked out better.

Seriously hopeless forward planning

Quigs

Immortal
Gawd youse just can't put brains in monuments.

We played our first ever, our No1 game, kicked off in the top grade, the ref blew the whistle and Terry Hughes or Brian Cox or whoever booted the pigskin towards the western end of the Sports Ground on the 2nd of April 1967.

We played our last game in our 50th season last October and what a game it was. That fact can't be disputed. Gee whizz willickers it would of been a fantastic way to cap off our 50th year. Couldn't get any better than that fairytale dream result. It is history now.

Then old father time ticked over on the last day of december 2016 to the new year of 2017. New year, new season. Funny how 'me' maffs tells me it is our 51st season.

So we are going to celebrate the day 5 months after our 50th season finished. Thats Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March.

Oh well we missed a brilliant opportunity to celebrate our milestone with every home game during 2016.

Anyhowse Happy 51st Sharkies. (in your hearts youse know the Pennies got it right)

shaggs

Coach
It's the 50th anniversary that kicks off the 51st season.

What are we celebrating? Seasons or birthdays??

Quigs

Immortal
It's the 50th anniversary that kicks off the 51st season.

What are we celebrating? Seasons or birthdays??

Coming of Age, Milestones, ....... Kidneystones ...... (yeppers the Pennies got it right)

Latest posts