What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: Sri Lanka v Australia on Sep 4, 2016 - AUST WON BY 5 WICKETS (42 balls to spare)

TheParraboy

Staff member
we playa couple of t20s next , then head off the South Afric for 5 ODIs late September

4-1 result will be nice way to finish up here

Starts Sunday 7pm

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez DRS is pointless. Kusal Perera was just given out LBW...smashed the cover off it, so he challenges. Clear deviation off the bat, but not overturned....why bother?

TheParraboy

Staff member
We need 196 to win after SL won the toss and elected to bat

SL bowled out for 195 in the 41st over

Timbo

Staff member
I just noticed that Nevill is the keeper for the T20 portion of this tour.

That blows my mind. CA has Nevill keep for the tests, sends him home during the ODIs and then has him come back to replace Wade at the very end.

Either have Wade keep for all limited overs games (no) or make Nev the keeper in all three formats (yes).

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I just noticed that Nevill is the keeper for the T20 portion of this tour.

That blows my mind. CA has Nevill keep for the tests, sends him home during the ODIs and then has him come back to replace Wade at the very end.

Either have Wade keep for all limited overs games (no) or make Nev the keeper in all three formats (yes).

Nevill shouldn't be in any of the formats.

TheParraboy

Staff member
This resting shennanigans is doing my head

We go to SA to play 5 ODI's end of the month, so Smith, MMarsh are still going to be rested? I hear also Hazlewood and Starc will be as well. With a couple of injuries to boot, We may as well send out an Aust A side over there and rest our main 11 for the summer

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Warner is becoming one of the best dead rubber players we've ever had, he's surpassed Matthew Hayden

Timbo

Staff member
This resting shennanigans is doing my head

We go to SA to play 5 ODI's end of the month, so Smith, MMarsh are still going to be rested? I hear also Hazlewood and Starc will be as well. With a couple of injuries to boot, We may as well send out an Aust A side over there and rest our main 11 for the summer

Pace attack for the South Africa tour has just been named:

Hastings, Boland, Mennie, Worrall, Tremain.

:thinking:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
rofl.gif

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Rod Marsh is a Hell of a troll.

No room for Xavier Doherty or Michael Beer to back up this mighty pace attack?