What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Australia v England at Sydney Jan 3-7, 2014

Heard a stat yesterday that this is the first time in an ashes series that we have taken 100 wickets.

The poms were bowled out every time they batted and never once did they declare.

I think it was on ABC grandstand but they were a bit unsure.

I think that's right. England declared in the Adelaide Test in 06/07 IIRC.

That would suggest that Australia are the only winning side to have taken 100 wickets in Ashes cricket?

I think that's right. England declared in the Adelaide Test in 06/07 IIRC.

That would suggest that Australia are the only winning side to have taken 100 wickets in Ashes cricket?

It would be interesting to compare to the days when Ashes series had 6-7 tests and if 100 wickets were taken.

Joely01

Bench
Think we need to be realistic about this series.

Our bowling was outstanding, and what really stood out was the fielding performance. Some of the best and most consistent catching I've seen. Can't remember anything other than very tough catches going down.

However our batting lineup is extremely frail. Really, only Haddon consistently performed in the first innings. Many of the runs made by the top and middle order were made after England had capitulated and surrendered a first innings lead.

South Africa have a far better bowling attack and won't let the foot off the throat should we go 5 down. Don't think they will fall in a heap batting wise either, though Kallis' absence may make them vulnerable.

Will be extremely tough to beat. We have a very good record over there though.

Spot on about the batting.

We were lucky our bowlers were unstoppable.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Think we need to be realistic about this series.

Our bowling was outstanding, and what really stood out was the fielding performance. Some of the best and most consistent catching I've seen. Can't remember anything other than very tough catches going down.

However our batting lineup is extremely frail. Really, only Haddon consistently performed in the first innings. Many of the runs made by the top and middle order were made after England had capitulated and surrendered a first innings lead.

South Africa have a far better bowling attack and won't let the foot off the throat should we go 5 down. Don't think they will fall in a heap batting wise either, though Kallis' absence may make them vulnerable.

Will be extremely tough to beat. We have a very good record over there though.

I'll be surprised if we don't go down in the Saffer series, like last years Indian series.

There'll be no first class cricket between now and the Saffer tour.

Actually one first class game before the first test.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Something about this shows me what money cannot buy.

682222-a6c233c4-765c-11e3-abd3-ac86fade2183.jpg

Latest posts