What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 Rounds In

Noname36

First Grade
36-16 in brisbane, but knights far from at full strength. wonder how many changes they'll have if the teams meet again in the finals series?

Is there a limit on how many FG games these kids are allowed to play before they're no longer eligible to play NYC finals?

The Knights are a different side with Mamo, Tapine and Sione Mata'utia in the side (none of which were last round) and it'd be a shame if none of them could play in the NYC finals.

isaiah

Bench
Is there a limit on how many FG games these kids are allowed to play before they're no longer eligible to play NYC finals?

The Knights are a different side with Mamo, Tapine and Sione Mata'utia in the side (none of which were last round) and it'd be a shame if none of them could play in the NYC finals.
i believe the rule is they have to have played more nyc than nrl to qualify

Noname36

First Grade
i believe the rule is they have to have played more nyc than nrl to qualify

If that's the case then Sione and Tapine should be fine. Mamo I'm not too sure about. He debuted much earlier in the year than the other two.

Son of Minto

Bench
Mamos only played 7 NRL games. He's played at least 10 NYC games.

Good win by the Knights today against the Eels who had brought back Pauli and Tanginoa.

Swarzey

Bench
It's nice to have something so positive during such a shit season. Even better to know we'll have Sione, Tapine and Mamo for the finals series. That set right at the end was a joy to watch. We'll need to back up today's effort next week, if the Dragons thrash us by a good 60 points we could miss the Minor Premiership.

I would hope to see us field our best available 17 next week, but I think Sione will remain in first grade given he's up against Peter.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The way I see it their are currently 5 teams in contention and these 5 are a cut above. Newcastle who drew with broncos, broncos who lost to parra and saints, parra who have lost twice to roosters, roosters who lost to broncos, and saints.

Well done! You've named the eventual top five. Add the Tigers and that's the clear top six, with five points separating the Tigers and the seventh placed Bunnies.

isaiah

Bench
Long way to go, we are starting to get an idea who the better teams are. Knights are unbeaten and are a well coached, talented side. Eels were lucky to beat the broncs and lost to the roosters 2 weeks ago, but have otherwise been impressive. powerful outside backs, big forward pack.
dragons and roosters are 3rd and 4th and play each other in a few hours. should be a cracker with dragons best from last year, Hastings, playing for the roosters now. you would think 4 or 5 of this roosters side would be involved in the qld v nsw 20's game.
Broncs have been very good, hard working forward pack and the nikorima brothers leading the backs. warriors are hitting form after a slow start. tigers had a good first 6 weeks but were awful last week, how do you run for 500 less metres than your opposition?
Those are the teams who have won more than they've lost.
5 teams left now, have been the top 5 all year. just a matter now of who gets on a roll on any given day. i'll have an eels broncs GF.