What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7's breath of fresh air

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know we said the same thing in 2013 but on very little investment the Ch7 coverage of RLWC17 has been outstanding. Treat it with respect ,games live even the lower drawing ones, decent panel and commentary. Would be nice to think the NRL hasn't locked itself into 5 year exclusivety clauses and could be discussing with 7 covering a ninth game live on a Saturday when time is right to expand!

Some of us have said for literally years the rights should be split given the game has a natural club, State and international breakdown. Never happened. Go the Commish. :disappointed:

taipan

Referee
I know we said the same thing in 2013 but on very little investment the Ch7 coverage of RLWC17 has been outstanding. Treat it with respect ,games live even the lower drawing ones, decent panel and commentary. Would be nice to think the NRL hasn't locked itself into 5 year exclusivety clauses and could be discussing with 7 covering a ninth game live on a Saturday when time is right to expand!

$12m paid.Hardly call it very little investment.Having said that, they are much better on the ear to listen to, than Nein.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Dan Ginnane was surprisingly good on tv. I've only heard bits & pieces of a small sample of games on radio, but he was constantly shouting - it was awful. The other main callers, no thanks. After watching Fox League's coverage without any ads during play, it's annoying to have them after tries & limit what is shown with replays.

Anyway, always good to have something to compare what we regularly see each season.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I’m Not sure what to think at the moment. The jury is still out for me. Yes the broadcast itself is ok. Glad I don’t have to listen to Gould. I feel we are helping 7 more than they are helping us. The publicity that the rl World Cup brings in for 7 would be massive. And most of the games (75% or more) are on 7mate. Secondary channel. How many of you would be happy for the nrl games to be on channel 94 or 90? Imagine the ratings if all games were on the main channel. 7 have done well out of this. It will be interesting to see the financials once it’s all said and done. And PR hopefully your right and this perks the interest of all stations local and international for the future expansion teams

Warriors Fever

Juniors
It's good to here Andrew Moore on the, love him on abc. Hopefully they get him to do more of the main games.
On a different note
Does anyone remember Jason costigan who did the warriors games?

Vee

First Grade
I’m Not sure what to think at the moment. The jury is still out for me. Yes the broadcast itself is ok. Glad I don’t have to listen to Gould. I feel we are helping 7 more than they are helping us. The publicity that the rl World Cup brings in for 7 would be massive. And most of the games (75% or more) are on 7mate. Secondary channel. How many of you would be happy for the nrl games to be on channel 94 or 90? Imagine the ratings if all games were on the main channel. 7 have done well out of this. It will be interesting to see the financials once it’s all said and done. And PR hopefully your right and this perks the interest of all stations local and international for the future expansion teams
I don't have a problem with the minor games being on 7Mate, glad to see them at all. I agree with most on here, 7 are doing a much better job than Nein would have.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even Fox commentary shits me. Grubs like Anasta and Blocker for starters so for me it is good to hear the radio guys nailing it

Hawkins

Juniors
There online channel is balls.

Some bad buffering and I had to catch up on youtube from some UK fella streaming the games.

The more channels league is on the better it is for the sport. Maybe give 10 the preseason matches or nines.

Many of those are already covered by broadcast deals (the Nines definitely was, as is the Charity Shield). As such you could not do it until the next TV Deal, and even then some of the matches are not the NRL's to sell the rights to (e.g. trial games).

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I love the job channel 7 are doing but would they be interested in NRL? Even if it was only one game a week? They are heavily invested in AFL and only picked up the RLWC as it is AFL offseason and fills most of the October - December gap until their tennis coverage starts.