What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7's breath of fresh air

Perth Red

Post Whore
I love the job channel 7 are doing but would they be interested in NRL? Even if it was only one game a week? They are heavily invested in AFL and only picked up the RLWC as it is AFL offseason and fills most of the October - December gap until their tennis coverage starts.

We always get the sht end of the stick, they got sports loving Melbourne, we got apathetic Sydney, they got 7 we got 9, they got Demetriou we got gallop.

King Ben

Juniors
I love the job channel 7 are doing but would they be interested in NRL? Even if it was only one game a week? They are heavily invested in AFL and only picked up the RLWC as it is AFL offseason and fills most of the October - December gap until their tennis coverage starts.

If money wasn't an object for 7, they would LOVE to have "Friday Night Football" Australia-wide with AFL on the main channel in Melbourne / Adelaide / Perth, NRL on the main channel in Sydney / Brisbane and then the other code on 7mate.

Pre match for Fiji and Wales, the idiots put up the pool tables so I now know who won the Italy USA game I was going to watch on their delay. Dickheads.

If money wasn't an object for 7, they would LOVE to have "Friday Night Football" Australia-wide with AFL on the main channel in Melbourne / Adelaide / Perth, NRL on the main channel in Sydney / Brisbane and then the other code on 7mate.

Is there anything preventing the NRL expanding to 18 teams and selling that game to 7?

Or 7 setting up a 4 Nations with PNG, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa and running it concurrently with SOO? Top team wins?

Life's Good

Coach
As someone who's not full on league fan like you guys are. I've liked the coverage. Idk how you hardened fans think. But I've liked Benji Marshall's analysis.
Have too agree.
The lack of ‘matey’ banter between commentators is refreshing. So sick of hearing commentary on social lives & then the game.
Not hearing the constant negativity taking the game off a weird tangent means we are hearing more about the game and not the rules or games administration.
I see it as a more footy focused copy of Fox & a galaxy away from Ch Nein.

Dodgy

Juniors
I see in motorsport commentary, and in AFL. The commentary is hyped up beyond stupidity in an attempt to attract the non hard core viewers. It doesn't excite them and it pisses off the commited fans.

Just talk and analyse like normal, straight down the line human beings, and the less committed viewers will figure it out for themselves.

Life's Good

Coach
I see in motorsport commentary, and in AFL. The commentary is hyped up beyond stupidity in an attempt to attract the non hard core viewers. It doesn't excite them and it pisses off the commited fans.

Just talk and analyse like normal, straight down the line human beings, and the less committed viewers will figure it out for themselves.

That’s about it. Talk about why they took a kick for the sideline, not why the rule is rubbish.

King Ben

Juniors
Is there anything preventing the NRL expanding to 18 teams and selling that game to 7?

Or 7 setting up a 4 Nations with PNG, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa and running it concurrently with SOO? Top team wins?
Channel 9 have the FTA rights locked up even if the NRL expands during this current broadcast deal. And unless Fox has some sort of clause about the Pacific Test in their deal with the NRL, your Pacific 4 Nations idea could happen and could be sold to 7. It may even fall under the jurisdiction of the RLIF which means it could certainly be sold to 7.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Coverage has been excellent, its like they've put so much into this and haven't let anyone down. No BS, no negativity. Even some of the commentators have been good.

It's good to here Andrew Moore on the, love him on abc. Hopefully they get him to do more of the main games.
On a different note
Does anyone remember Jason costigan who did the warriors games?

I prefer him and Ginnane to do the big games instead of Braybrook.

As for Costigan, I think its been 7 or so years since he last called the Warriors, now he's a local MP in North Queensland.

Vee

First Grade
Channel 9 have the FTA rights locked up even if the NRL expands during this current broadcast deal. And unless Fox has some sort of clause about the Pacific Test in their deal with the NRL, your Pacific 4 Nations idea could happen and could be sold to 7. It may even fall under the jurisdiction of the RLIF which means it could certainly be sold to 7.
But can you imagine Nein/NRL allowing clubs to release players for national duty on a rival network? Good luck with that.

Stallion

First Grade
Coverage has been excellent, its like they've put so much into this and haven't let anyone down. No BS, no negativity. Even some of the commentators have been good.

I prefer him and Ginnane to do the big games instead of Braybrook.

As for Costigan, I think its been 7 or so years since he last called the Warriors, now he's a local MP in North Queensland.

Have to say that its very influential where people get their 'footy' fix . Since the world cup started Ive been watching channel 7 & 7mate constantly. Its now my 'go to' channel. Something telecasters must surely be aware of when looking at the big picture. Pretty sure many fans of rugby league are doing the same.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Keeps cutting out.

I have stopped bothering, back to Netflix and Youtube streams that work.